CCI Blazer 22 LR??'s

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunzo

Hunter
Seeing some good sales on this & wondering what y'all think of it. None in my area to buy & test.

Looking for a good ammo for general shooting. The main criteria would be dependability, that's number 1.

I don't expect it to be on par with the highly regarded Mini Mag, although the velocity is about the same.

The bullet is not copper washed like the MM, but is it similar otherwise? The cases?

Need to replenish my supply in bulk, but don't want to stock up on something just because it's cheap.

Thank you

onehandgunner

Single-Sixer
Over the past few years I have shot 4,000 rounds of the stuff in a Ruger Single Six. it is not bad. I like Std. Vel. better, but the Blazer stuff is good.

wizofwas

Buckeye
Nothing wrong with the CCI Blazer 22's. I'd buy them if and when they came up. I do tend to buy the Win. 555 bulk 22's as I find them though.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
gunzo said:
Looking for a good ammo for general shooting. The main criteria would be dependability, that's number 1.

HI,

I've shot a lot of Blazers "back when" we could get them readily here. They worked perfectly in an old Marlin bolt action and reasonably well in my 10/22 pretty much year 'round. In my Mk II, a more ammo sensitive gun, if temps were approaching freezing, the wax lube would build up on the feed ramp and failures to feed increased. In warmer weather, they generally worked ok, though still not as reliably as they did in the rifles. Accuracy was within "minute of bulk ammo" expectations for the various guns.

Rick C

mikld

Blackhawk
I've got 6, 22 lr guns and every time I got a new one I'd get a couple boxes of every 22 lr ammo I could find and see which the gun prefers. Most (all?) of my 22s will function well and shoot accurately with Blazer 22s. My 10-22 has not ever had a mis feed with any Blazer and it shoots more accurately then I can, My Ruger MkII also shoots Blazer accurately and cleanly. I got some excellent groups at about 40 yds with Blazer in my Marlin XT running sub 2" and when I'm shootin' real good, around 1". I also processed some Blazer 22s with a Paco Kelly's Acu'rzr. It swages the bullet of a 22 lr to a uniform size often reducing groups by 25%. Blazer rounds run through an Acu'rzr consistently group better than other "premium" 22 ammo in my guns...

I did a zero and test fire run on my new RAR 22lr this afternoon. Using Blazer ammo, the rifle shoots as good as I can hold with a 4X scope. Hard to beat that with economy grade ammo.

ranger1

Buckeye
Throckmorton said:
ACT QUICK

this expires today. FREE shipping with 5 box order,that is cheap shooting !

http://palmettostatearmory.com/22-lr-40gr-rn-500rds.html
I'm thinking there's a good chance PSA will extend the sale. The sale has been going on since late March and they keep changing the expiration date. 8)

gunzo

Hunter
Thanks for the heads up on the sale end date. I was still hoping to try a box or 2, but haven't found any local. I received a half case of CCI standard velocity last week & been having wonderful results with those. Some guns that normally don't like slower ammo are happy with these. Still over 5 cents though, & I think the price will stall there. I don't expect them to ever be at 4 cent blaster prices.
Blazers are on the way.

Hard to beat 4 cents a pop. I bought a large mixed lot of recent production 22 lr ammo last year for 4.2 cents. About 25% was Blazer and I let the kids shoot about a carton of that last summer. Quite satisfactory for that purpose. The other 75% is "higher quality" (reputedly anyway) but I haven't seen a big diff in accuracy at the levels we expect. I'm OK with 1/2" @ 25 yards for the plinkers and the Blazer I shot yesterday was under that.

ranger1

Buckeye
Throckmorton said:
ACT QUICK

this expires today. FREE shipping with 5 box order,that is cheap shooting !

http://palmettostatearmory.com/22-lr-40gr-rn-500rds.html
Still on sale for $19.99/500.

ranger1

Buckeye
WIL TERRY said:
$149.99 per case of 5M. Can't beat it I'm here to tell you.
And so it went....
Must have been these older Bulk Boxes :lol: :lol: :lol:
0204845741002-blazer-525-round-value-pac.jpg