Canada geese

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Miss Penny got a new DSLR camera. I was playing with it,, tryint to learn a bit about it. I managed to get a few pics of a nesting pair of canada geese. Enjoy.

CG3.jpg

CG2.jpg

BearHawk 357

Single-Sixer
Wow, those are some sharp pics contender. You'll have to use that camera, to take some wild game pics, that you could post here in the hunting section. Now, that is only if Miss Penny let's you borrow it again.

I like the bottom pic of the Canada. Nice calm water shot.

The top pic reminds me of a day that my buddy and I were stomping the banks of the Tuscarawas River, as boys. We were fishing for early springtime small mouth bass when we happened to stumble upon a nesting Canada. We didn't even see her until almost stepping right on her. She flared up and let out the nastiest noise that I have ever heard in nature. I'll never forget it. We instantly dropped our poles and tackle then high-tailed it out of there. We later had to play rock-paper-scissors to be "the one" who went back for our gear. Thanks for the flashback.

contender

Ruger Guru
Like I said,, we were playing. My BSA Troop owns a lakefront house,, and the scouts use it a lot. Well, they just found out we have a nesting goose beside us. (This past weekend.) At monday night's meeting,, they discussed it so I took Miss Penny down there to find the goose to take a few pics. She isn't comfortable close to water,, but I had no problems getting closer to the goose by walking along the top of the seawall. The drake stayed close by,, and sat perfectly still watching me all along. I managed a few good shots,,,!
(What's funny is that sometimes I get paid to remove canada geese from some areas,,,!)

Latest posts