BX-25 Magazine Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ruger56

Bearcat
What magazine loader does everyone recommend for the BX-25 magazine?
Thanks for all comments.

ranger1

Buckeye
Lacey Place said:
If you want a BX-25, you better buy-em now cause they will be banned soon.
That's my thinking also. Bought two at Gander yesterday (just in case) and the cashier said they were flying out the door.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
They're on eBay right now for about $50 (double what they are supposed to be). One is buy it now for $125. Funny thing is that a week ago, you could find them on eBay because anything over 10 rounds was banned for sale about 18 months ago through eBay by eBay. Sellers are taking the risk. Midway is out of stock and shows expected in stock date of 5-10-2013.

Wow, well I must have bought the last one Midway had in stock. I bought it the other day and is in transit right now.

I would also lime to point out, they MAY be banned not WILL be banned. There is a difference and most of the frenzy over high cap magazines and ammunition is because of internet hype, nothing more.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
Kevin said:
they MAY be banned not WILL be banned.

I ask politely to re-read my post. I said mags over 10 rounds are banned for sale on eBay. This is an eBay policy, not a law yet, if ever. Since my last post, all of the BX25's have been pulled off eBay and even the completed listings for the ones sold have been removed (cannot even reference the prices). I'm sure those users that sold some will get slapped or possibly suspended by eBay.

I bought the last one at my LGS today. He said a dude came in earlier today and cleaned out what was on the shelf. I have to ASSume he still has more in the back than just the one he retrieved for me to keep one person from getting them all and reselling them for a bigger profit. Not sure.

I need to correct my above post from "could" to "could not", I did leave out a word.

vn750

Bearcat
hey I found some on gun broker. bidding starts at $75.00 for 2! only $5.00 for shipping for a total price of $80.00 for 2 mags. what a deal! lol

GasGuzzler: I believe you about Ebay. I know they have strict policies about guns and parts. I was talking about Lacey Place's comment about an imminent ban on high capacity magazines.

RugerForMe

Single-Sixer
I think this was a post about loaders not magazines.

But anyhow I the Champion Magazine Loader and it works great, found that if you first load one round into the mag runs smooth as butter.

Takes a little getting use to, but once I fuggured it out I love it and my 13 year old daughter can load as fast as she can empty the BX-25's.

Midway is pretty good. I ordered my BX-25 magazine on the 18th, last Tuesday and it just came today(Post Office). Pretty decent considering all the extra holiday shipping. Stuck it under the tree.

I haven't used a loader yet, but perhaps I should try one.

RugerForMe

Single-Sixer
I called Midway on the 20th and placed my order for two BX-25 Mags. The Girl told me I got the last two they had in stock. She did tell me they are expecting a shipment on the 28th.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
RugerForMe said:
I think this was a post about loaders not magazines.

But anyhow I the Champion Magazine Loader and it works great, found that if you first load one round into the mag runs smooth as butter.

Takes a little getting use to, but once I fuggured it out I love it and my 13 year old daughter can load as fast as she can empty the BX-25's.

Thanks for the advice, I have not seen a BX25 loader yet. I haven't looked for one but usually one finds things like this without looking. Midway is out of them but I might look for one in the future.

kicker1_solo

Bearcat
There's been a serious outbreak of them on ebay lately, but you're going to pay top dollar. I had 5 new ones sitting on the shelf, so I thew them on there starting at .99 cents with no reserve. The cheapest one sold for $65, the most expensive one went for $152...you should have seen the bidding war at the end.

Then I desperately searched online and called every Bi-Mart within 2 hours and everyone was sold out. I then found www.riflescopes.webyshops.com and ordered 5 more from them at $40 each.

From what I've heard, everyone is sold out, and the manufacturer is desperately trying to fill orders.