BX-25 Magazine Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

vn750

Bearcat
hey when did ebay let people sell magazines that held more than 10 rounds?!

I just check and these mags are going for big bucks on ebay right now!

kicker1_solo

Bearcat
vn750 said:
hey when did ebay let people sell magazines that held more than 10 rounds?!

I just check and these mags are going for big bucks on ebay right now!
There's too many for ebay not to notice, so i think they're allowing it because its for a 22. Thats my guess. But yeah, i sold one yesterday for $152.50 on there, can you say $122.50 profit? :)

AKDRSS

Single-Sixer
Just be patient, betting in a few months you will be able to buy all you want at regular prices.

And if they are banned, most likely it will be illegal to own them, period. During the previous ban they allowed them to still be sold if they were made before a certain date. And if a lot of you guys remember, they never seemed to run out, just higher prices.

This time around you can bet your azz they will simply make them illegal to own if another ban is passed. Then everyone can kiss there money good bye.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
Really nice when people break the selling platform rules to make a buck off of scared folks. Bet you wouldn't get a hundred bucks here for one, that's why people break the rules there. eBay is paying attention, they're deleting BX25 ads all day along with sales history and suspending payment for completed auctions.

AKDRSS

Single-Sixer
GasGuzzler said:
Really nice when people break the selling platform rules to make a buck off of scared folks. Bet you wouldn't get a hundred bucks here for one, that's why people break the rules there. eBay is paying attention, they're deleting BX25 ads all day along with sales history and suspending payment for completed auctions.

How do you know this is true? Can you post a link?
Thank you

kicker1_solo

Bearcat
AKDRSS said:
GasGuzzler said:

How do you know this is true? Can you post a link?
Thank you
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html
Any magazine that accepts more than 10 rounds is not allowed. I don't know why ebay isn't enforcing this with the 22 mags though. I posted a high capacity 9mm magazine and it was removed within an hour and I was sent a notice from ebay. But with the 22 mags, I've already sold almost a dozen and there are 100s on there right now.

AKDRSS

Single-Sixer
Because Ruger (nor anyone else that I know of) does not have them in stock and many people think they will be banned.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
kicker1_solo said:
GasGuzzler said:
they're deleting BX25 ads all day along with sales history and suspending payment for completed auctions.
False

You said false then posted a link and copied text that proves my point. If you will read the entire topic from the top you will see first hand in real time what eBay did with BX25's on more than one day I posted about them. I cannot promise eBay will continue to police such sales, they might forget after remembering. In my experience, eBay lets things go until enough people complain. When that happens, they don't then forget, unless the item in question is no longer in demand.

kicker1_solo

Bearcat
GasGuzzler said:
kicker1_solo said:
GasGuzzler said:
they're deleting BX25 ads all day along with sales history and suspending payment for completed auctions.
False

You said false then posted a link and copied text that proves my point. If you will read the entire topic from the top you will see first hand in real time what eBay did with BX25's on more than one day I posted about them. I cannot promise eBay will continue to police such sales, they might forget after remembering. In my experience, eBay lets things go until enough people complain. When that happens, they don't then forget, unless the item in question is no longer in demand.
If you read what I quoted, you'll see it has nothing to do with the link I had posted.

It is in fact against their written policy. Them deleting ads and suspending payments for completed auctions is false. There are more high capacity mags on there than I have ever seen...for all guns.

AKDRSS

Single-Sixer
blume357 said:
Well, I placed an order for 4 of them with Ruger on 12/22 along with one 20 round mini-30 mag.... we'll see how long it takes to get them.

Sure will be interesting, myself and many friends placed orders as well last week. I am purely guessing but would not be surprised IF I got mine (and thats a big IF) it would be in June 2013 or later.
Cheers, and here is hoping I am wrong and they are shipped earlier.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
kicker1_solo said:
Them deleting ads and suspending payments for completed auctions is false.

Nope. Incorrect.

The day I first posted in this topic (before you joined?) there were at least 6-8 BX25s on eBay in the morning and none at night (they were not all Buy It Now) and not only did none of those show up in completed listings, but neither did the dozens that sold the two days prior.

eBay erased their existence. Yes, it's very likely enough people are breaking eBay rules that eBay doesn't delete all the listings. Smart people that want to circumvent the system would put a Buy It Now price and hope to get a transaction final before the ad is deleted. In any event, most all eBay purchases are done via PayPal, an eBay company, and there is high likelihood eBay voids the deal and refunds the funds.

The tighter the government opinion gets, the more will be listed, and therefore the more eBay will pay attention. Go ahead and keep using someone else's auction site to sell something they have prohibited at prices 4 times what retail brings. It's supply and demand that makes breaking the rules OK.

retiredsquid

Bearcat
I have a Butler Creek and a Ruger labeled loader. Haven't used the Ruger (bought several years ago from Ruger) it looks and operates same as the Butler Creek device.

DDubya

Single-Sixer
Back to the OP's question. I've been using a Shooter's Ridge 10/22 magazine loader for about 2 years. Didn't like it at first, but after a while I got used to the quirks of it and can now load a 25rd mag in about 30 seconds. Black Creek sells a similar unit.