Bulls-eye ejector for Blackhawk and Vaquero

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bornintheussr

Bearcat
I have couple of old blackpowder frame Colts with original bulls-eye ejectors. In my opinion they looks very cool and very practical in use (except maybe for some complications in congestion with holster draw). Long story short I wanted same look for my Rugers. Turns out Uberti makes this ejectors for Cattleman old model, you can order one in 45lc or 357. and they will fit on Blackhawks and Vaqueros. Few pictures for your consideration.

20230619_222645.jpg
20230619_222727.jpg
20230619_223338.jpg

woodperson

Single-Sixer
I do have a peep on one of my Blackhawks. It is fast and easy to use but...not really very accurate. It about doubles the size of my groups as compared to the gun with the red dot sight.

veeman

Single-Sixer
Well, I'm a dunce. I guess maybe I read as far as Bullseye. I don't know. there was a thread about this kind of sight, thought this was it. I'm sorry. Guess I should read more carefully.

veeman

Single-Sixer
Ah yes, it was on the "other" ruger sight. Got my tabs mixed up and must have just read the Bullseye and thought that was it.

Dach Savage

Bearcat
OOOOH me likey! Now I gotta see if they have any left in stainless and get one on order...
Ok, I have been trying to find one of those stainless bulls eye ejectors for a 4.75" 45 LC Ruger Vaquero and not having much luck. Could you share where you ordered them from and if possible a part #? Thanks Dach.

Last edited:
Ok, I have been trying to find one of those stainless bulls eye ejectors for a 4.75" 45 LC Ruger Vaquero and not having much luck. Could you share where you ordered them from and if possible a part #? Thanks Dach.

From the OP:
"Turns out Uberti makes this ejectors for Cattleman old model, you can order one in 45lc or 357. and they will fit on Blackhawks and Vaqueros." 👍

Dach Savage

Bearcat
As of yesterday Uberti's site said they were out of stock. You have an extra stainless version to sell? I love the comment in your signature line "There are Vaqueros, and there are New Vaqueros". Well said.

Dach Savage

Bearcat
Thanks bud, I have a call in to them now. Hopefully they still make the SS versions and I am going to ask them about a .45 ACP stainless cylinder for my large frame Vaquero. Will let you know how it goes. Dach.

Armybrat

Buckeye
Even the Colt standard ejector is an improvement over the Ruger ejector, including over Ruger's newer skimpy crescent ejector knob.
My Bearcat had one of those crescent ejector knobs.
Didn't care for it much because it seemed flimsy and looked like a hook.
But supposedly it was necessary to have it on the short barrel to give it more ejection length by sliding back over the cylinder pin.
Here you can see it if you look closely while my English friend is firing the little Shopkeeper at a local range near Austin.
76D74ACD-975F-4AF5-879C-3F0A64D01AFC.jpeg

Last edited:

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Didn't care for it much because it seemed flimsy and looked like a hook.
But supposedly it was necessary to have it on the short barrel to give it more ejection length by sliding back over the cylinder pin.

Buy modifying the slot in the ejector rod housing near cyl pin you can a standard ejector rod. And I prefer the Colt.22 Peacemaker rod.

Bigbore5

Single-Sixer
On the sixguns forum there's a member who makes ejector rods. They're nice. Look up the thread for them and tell TJ what you want.

While you're there Kellye from Mountain can hook you up with a base pin too