Buckeye Edition 32

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
Asking for a local friend who has a chance to bid on one of these. I'm not up on single action or NM values. Hope someone can give me a "ballpark" figure on value please. Here's all I know …..

Blackhawk "Buckeye" edition (1 of 5000) in near new in box.

However it was a 32 H&R magnum & 32/20 combo edition but no 32/20 cylinder available.

Thanks

contender

Ruger Guru
That's tough to call. Missing that cylinder,, hurts it a lot. I think I'd try to find completed sales on GB for that model,, then deduct about $150-$200 for the missing cylinder.

hittman

Staff member
Thanks Ty …. One sold last month for $1200 with both. I'd "guessed" in the $1000 range so maybe that's a good area.

9mmTed

Bearcat
Down by the Green River where Paradise Lay, Kentuc
There's one on Gunbroker now with just the 32-20 cylinder for $899, almost 2 days left, no bids. I think the missing cylinder hurts the package more than just the cost of the cylinder, just my opinion. Of course, with GB shipping, fees and transfer, that puts you close to $1,000. I'd watch to see if this one sells (935001356).

Green Frog

Single-Sixer
If I could only have one cylinder in such a deal, my choice would be the 32 H&R, which is much more versatile and useful than the 32-20. I might be tempted to rechamber it to 327 Fed Mag since it was no longer a collectible complete combo package. I would however use the "missing cylinder" to drop the offering price pretty radically. A number of $700 has been mentioned and I really don't think I'd go any higher, but would try to go lower.

Froggie

Johnnu2

Hunter
If one could buy it for $600, one could spend another $500-$600 and have a custom cylinder made by Andy Horvath (or any of the other custom gunsmiths perhaps). BUT, it might not be attractive to a collector for the combined price. But, then again...........
IMHO...
J.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I had one that was missing the .32 H&R cylinder but was otherwise a complete package with box, shipper, and papers. Condition was excellent and I sold it to a forum member for $760 shipped a little over a year ago. He was mostly interested in the 32-20 since he already had a Single Six for .32 H&R.

JCW64

Single-Sixer
Well, this was from yesterday. $850 plus 15% buyer premium. I suppose being online bidding someone may have thought it had both cylinders but I would have also said $700-$750 with one cylinder.

Last edited:

Johnnu2

Hunter
I stopped buying on line.... too many add-on costs and too many crazies with too much money. Have returned to my local LGS(s) once again, and for the foreseeable future.
IMHO,
J.

Green Frog

Single-Sixer
I bought one about 2 years ago in about 98% condition with both cylinders and all the original paperwork in the box with shipping sleeve. At $1100, I felt it was fair to both of us. I'm not sure how much I'll use the 32-20 cylinder as I am a big fan of the straight sided 32 revolver cartridges in all lengths, but from an investment standpoint, having both cylinders was non-negotiable to me. As I stated above, $700 would be the most I would even consider, and I'm not sure I would buy it even at that price. At $850 + 15%, that's just crazy money in my opinion, YMMV.

Froggie

hittman

Staff member
To each their own ….. seemed WAY high to me missing a cylinder. A cylinder that is hard to find.

Somebody's got over $1k in that. Out of my league.

Latest posts