BRIGHT STAINLESS SP-101

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob M

Bearcat
According to the BlueBook, only 1500 made in '96,'97. I just acquired one that falls in the correct serial# range and the interesting thing is.. it's DAO with the speed hammer. Does anyone know how many of the 1500 polished stainless were made in DAO? thanks, Bob

Bob M

Bearcat
Sorry, but I'm just too old or stupid or both to be able to put up pics. Best I could do is a text pic. PM your phone if you want and I'll get something for you. Regards, Bob

Bob M

Bearcat
According to Bluebook, falls in the correct serial# range 571-81675 to 572-44777. This gun falls in the end of those numbers 572-4XXXX. Believe me, I thought of that. All areas that should be polished are as far as I can tell. Rollmarks are crisp. That's why I am trying to determine if any of the bright stainless guns were made in DAO. I realize that is very specific information that may not be available anywhere, but I wanted to put it out there in case someone has that information.

Bob M

Bearcat
Thanks but on very close examination, I believe it's aftermarket polish. Rollmarks are a little smooth in places and polish stops on the rear trigger guard just before the grips. Still a nice gun. Thanks everyone. Bob

Galaxiedan

Blackhawk
Here is photo of my bright stainless SP101 end label

WIN_20151031_14_39_43_Pro_zpsr1no94pw.jpg

My SP-101 serial # is 572-3xxxx. It has a plastic box with no end label. Bright and shiny all over. I will try and post a picture later.
gramps

Egads, what a terrible picture. I took another picture with the iphone, but unable to get it onto photobucket with photobucket's new format.
gramps