BRIGHT STAINLESS SP-101

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob M

Bearcat
According to the BlueBook, only 1500 made in '96,'97. I just acquired one that falls in the correct serial# range and the interesting thing is.. it's DAO with the speed hammer. Does anyone know how many of the 1500 polished stainless were made in DAO? thanks, Bob

Bob M

Bearcat
Sorry, but I'm just too old or stupid or both to be able to put up pics. Best I could do is a text pic. PM your phone if you want and I'll get something for you. Regards, Bob

Bob M

Bearcat
According to Bluebook, falls in the correct serial# range 571-81675 to 572-44777. This gun falls in the end of those numbers 572-4XXXX. Believe me, I thought of that. All areas that should be polished are as far as I can tell. Rollmarks are crisp. That's why I am trying to determine if any of the bright stainless guns were made in DAO. I realize that is very specific information that may not be available anywhere, but I wanted to put it out there in case someone has that information.

hittman

Staff member
Ruger or the box end label will tell you if the finish is factory fresh.

RENE is your best resource for production info.

Bob M

Bearcat
Thanks but on very close examination, I believe it's aftermarket polish. Rollmarks are a little smooth in places and polish stops on the rear trigger guard just before the grips. Still a nice gun. Thanks everyone. Bob

Galaxiedan

Blackhawk
Here is photo of my bright stainless SP101 end label

WIN_20151031_14_39_43_Pro_zpsr1no94pw.jpg

My SP-101 serial # is 572-3xxxx. It has a plastic box with no end label. Bright and shiny all over. I will try and post a picture later.
gramps

Egads, what a terrible picture. I took another picture with the iphone, but unable to get it onto photobucket with photobucket's new format.
gramps