Box Elder Burl.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

LSCG

Buckeye
cmacrph said:
LSCG,
Beautiful work and excellent craftsmanship as usual. I can't tell you how many complements I have gotten on my grips you made for me with the Black Walnut Burl. When I get a better quality lens, I will post some photos for other "Ruger Folks" to see.
Hope all is well with you and yours,
cmacrph

cmacrph,
we're doing good over here, got a little rain last week so everyone's pretty happy :D I hope y'all are doing good.

i'm really happy to hear the grips are working out for you! I don't think i'll ever forget that set I made you, that was without a doubt some of the best walnut burl I've ever seen! I've been trying to find some more like it but haven't had any luck, maybe someday. :wink:

take care and try to stay out of the heat :D

Zane.

LSCG

Buckeye
Shadow said:
LSCG ........... you are correct. Box Elder is a species of the maple family native to North America and is sometimes referred to as box elder maple. It takes multiple colored dyes beautifully. The black dyed box elder grips in the pic are exceptionally well done, and I think they'd complement a SS gun even more dramatically. The pix of your grips in this thread should give you good exposure and bring you some new well earned business.
Shadow

thank you very much Sir! :D

LSCG

Buckeye
tazbigdog said:
Hey Zane, great work. When I get a chance I'll holler at you. Also, great seeing you at Fredericksburg this year! Jeff

thanks Jeff! :D I had a really great time at Fredericksburg with y'all and I can't wait for next year! although I will have to make one change.... I didn't bring enough Guns or ammo this year so i'm going to have to start stocking up for next year :lol:

LSCG

Buckeye
tazbigdog said:
Ever think of having a DIY demo there? Show guys how to do it, species selection, etc.?

I have been thinking about doing something like that, single action grips would probably take too long but I could maybe make some sambar stag or Himalayan Rams Horn 1911 grips, i could even try Mammoth Ivory if I could find some scales big enough.

LSCG

Buckeye
chsparkman said:
LSCG, I'd like to start making my own grips. My question is, where do you get your hardware, particularly the screws and screw bushings?

here ya go. :)

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/small-hardware/metal-screws/6-escutcheon-screws-sku080034006-388-1751.aspx?mc_id=12000&ch=csh&gdftrk=gdfV21820_a_7c187_a_7c7313_a_7c080034006_d_080034006_d_11347

Latest posts