Bowen sights finally shipping

Help Support Ruger Forum:

870hunter

Bearcat
I've been waiting for a while now, will have to go to the range soon to see how they are.

870hunter

Bearcat
They called to make sure it was ok to use the card given at time of order, so I'm guessing it's out or soon hopefully.

DPris

Buckeye
Don't get to far ahead of things. :)
Email from Hamilton today says another batch of bodies on way from new machine shop, but doesn't know how much they'll reduce backorders, will have a better idea in the Fall.

Denis

DPris

Buckeye
I was making a general comment for others who might flood Bowen with orders & expect to get immediate delivery. :)
Should'a been more clear, worded it poorly.

He doesn't have enough to entirely cover backorders yet, much less new orders.

IS shipping the new Redhawk extended firing pins, ordered mine this morning.
Long awaited, highly recommended.
Denis

870hunter

Bearcat
Yep one would figure they would just order and wait if their looking for quality sights, I've looked and nobody is making anything close. You use to be able to get Millett's for about any gun and some guns you had a few different choices from Millett, the Bowen's look better quality than the high end Millett's but at least you had good quality option if you needed. One would think someone would fill the void as there is nobody making good sights for lots of guns out there now.

870hunter

Bearcat
Replacing the ruger rear sights which I don't care for with the Bowen target style rear sight, they also make the rough country rear sight as well also replacing the pin that was working out the first time I shot it with a roll pin.

DPris

Buckeye
I have the Rough Country rear on three Rugers, stronger than factory originals & once locked down don't move.
Denis

DPris

Buckeye
I adjust once to a given load & that's it, so ease of adjustment isn't that much of an issue for me.
The white-outlined square notch version is very strong & quite visible for my eyeballs.
I try not to drop my guns too, but my old Single-Six still has a bunged-up rear on it from an oopsie on concrete several years back. :)
Denis

Cholo

Staff member
DPris said:
The white-outlined square notch version is very strong & quite visible for my eyeballs.
Is it because the white outline is so bold? My reason for asking is that I consider the Ruger and S&W red insert/white outline sites to be the worst I've ever had the displeasure to use. I want to change a few of my guns to a better site picture, aging eyes and all.

I need to peek thru a few to find what works best for me. As far as the white outline, I'm interested in your thoughts compares to the factory sites I mentioned.

DPris

Buckeye
More visible than Ruger's.
I like a bold white outline.
Have to have contrasts nowdays.
Denis

IMHO, the front sight is the part that needs the paint. I sure wish Millet was still doing front sights with that bright orange, but I also like the bright yellow and white. White front sight just doesn't work so well with white outline. To my eyes anyway.

DPris

Buckeye
I have either a gold or a white bead front on the Rugers with the white outline rears.
Great contrasts, quick pickups.
Denis

870hunter

Bearcat
Finally arrived today, won't have a chance to install them till next week I have them at least.

cadillo

Blackhawk
I got a call Thursday saying that mine would ship Friday. I ordered them in either November or December of 2015. This will make eight sets. Nothing else comes close. Too bad they don't make the target version for the flat tops, but the Rough Country does suffice for them until they come up with a target version for those two.

Best revolver sights on the market, and nice folks too!