Blue lube...red lube?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chief_10Beers

Blackhawk
contender said:
Chief, We've had good luck with certain types of stuff.
Harbor Freight red powder paint
Black airsoft pellets
#5 recycleable container, (look on the bottom,, for the code number in a triangle,)
Place a good handfull of pellets in the container, add 1-3 teaspoons of powder, add a handfull of bullets. Cap off & give it a couple of minutes of shaking. Open, pour everything through a sifter of some sort to separate the excess powder & pellets from the bullets. Shake off the excess paint.
Dump then bullets out in the pan for the toaster,,, that you PRE-LINED with non-stick aluminum foil. Make sure the bullets are not in a pile,, all spread out. No, they do not have to be standing up.
Bake & cool.
Use as needed.
Repeat as often as necessary to enjoy cast bullet powder coating fun!

Thanks for the INFO, WM has the perfect size Toaster Oven for about 40 smackers.
I've also read about using PC you can load them up anyway you want and not worry about leading? True?...............................

contender

Ruger Guru
I've bought 3-4 used NICE toaster ovens at yard sales, Goodwill etc & never paid more than $5. Since I was planning on baking bullets,,, I didn't care, and it allowed me to save even more money!
As for loading the PC bullets,,, I generally load them like I do normal lubed lead slugs. Not to jacketed specs. But,, the PC is pretty tough,, so I'm sure you can warm it up some.

mhblaw

Blackhawk
I purchased a box of 240 gr. 44 cal. SWC's from Rim Rock recently. Some bullets had red lube and some blue lube. All work just fine.

mr surveyor

Blackhawk
mhblaw said:
I purchased a box of 240 gr. 44 cal. SWC's from Rim Rock recently. Some bullets had red lube and some blue lube. All work just fine.

I shoot a lot of the Rim Rock .44's .... have found that an extra (light) dose of Lee Liquid Alox tends to make them even better. I tend to push them to about 1650fps in my R92, and never have any issues.

jd