RCBS lube-a-matic problem.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tom black

Blackhawk
Santa brought me a Lube-a-matic and I've got it adjusted as far as it will go but it's still lubing the cannelure on my RCBS 255 gr Keith. Is this normal? Suggestions? Thanks.
Tom

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
No , it is not normal. What does your bullet measure right out of the mold ?
If the sizing die does not fit tight the lube can get in places where you dont want it.
Double check your adjustments. You should be able to set the depth to a position that wont allow lube to enter the lube groove.

If your bullets cast at .452-.453 , don't expect them to come out clean using a .454 or .456 die. My main problem is lube getting under the bullets base between the bullet and the rod that pushes the bullet out of the die. I have to change lube pressure and lube heat to prevent that from happening or keeping the bases clean is a pain. I use RCBS alox rifle lube for most of my pistol bullets.

Mine was leaking lube out the bottom around the sizing die. I sent it to RCBS and they sent me a complete new unit along with a new die. It was about 15 years old when I sent it off to them.

tom black

Blackhawk
Out of the mold they measure 454, I'm sizing them 452. This is the only bullet I've tried in it so far. Used a Lyman 450 for years but it leaks lube out the bottom like crazy. Always wanted an RCBS.
Tom

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Tom , have you sorted out your problem. The threaded tube that screws into the bottom of the frame below the sizing die limits the distance the bullet can be pushed into the die. The plate at the end of the rods on either side can be adjusted up or down but only changes the angle of the handle when at rest. When the handle is in the up position the handle should go over center so it won't fall and whack you or pinch your finger.

tom black

Blackhawk
No, I haven't been able to correct the problem. I guess I need to call the company. Thanks.
Tom

pruger45

Blackhawk
tom black said:
Out of the mold they measure 454, I'm sizing them 452. This is the only bullet I've tried in it so far. Used a Lyman 450 for years but it leaks lube out the bottom like crazy. Always wanted an RCBS.
Tom
You can get new O-rings from Lyman!

pruger45

Blackhawk
tom black said:
Tom

pruger45

Blackhawk
tom black said:
Tom

pruger45

Blackhawk
tom black said:
Tom

pruger45

Blackhawk
tom black said:
Tom

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
You can match up almost any o-ring at your local bearing house or auto parts store. Most will have an assortment in a box and you can buy ten for the cost of shipping from Lyman.