Billboard safety warning Ruger handguns.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dantforth

Blackhawk
Is there a sticky on this subject? I just would like to know which have it and which do not. Does it start and stop with different models? I know that it hasn't totally disappeared but now is located in a less conspicuous location. Thanks, Dave

they all had it after the end of 1978 , starting 1979, and then recently when some production moved back to Prescott, the put it in out of the way locations, and edited the content, but still around on the guns somewhere............

Dantforth

Blackhawk
Thanks Dan. I try to avoid those. I collect a bit and recently was offered a Mk.1 target bull barrel model for a reasonable price, $250.00. The photos were dark and blurry....not a good situation for seller or buyer, so I asked if the barrel had the billboard legal spiel, thinking a Mk.1 surely would not......but it did! I passed on the deal. Also it was in about 90% condition but no box or papers or extra magazines. I appreciate your help.

Kanook

Buckeye
At $195 US I would buy it. Unless the dollar has changed since this AM

yes, the last ones (MK I's) had the warning, rather unsightly to boot,,,but that was a good price still, the MK 's are good seller, both I as well as the Mk II.........good shooters

One of the reasons we knew many that had the 'stainless' Mk IIs, this "billboarding" was easily removed.

Bearcat

Blackhawk
rugerguy said:
yes, the last ones (MK I's) had the warning, rather unsightly to boot,,,but that was a good price still, the MK 's are good seller, both I as well as the Mk II.........good shooters

One of the reasons we knew many that had the 'stainless' Mk IIs, this "billboarding" was easily removed.

Dan:

Was it just polished out or filled in then polished. I have six or seven that need this done.... 8)

just careful, neatly draw file and sand (emery) off making sure NOT to dimple , or wash out the surrounding area,,,,easily can be 'blended' on stainless guns, if blued then obviously they need to be reblued and when you polish them if the work is BAD, it sticks out like a sore thumb............

Latest posts