Bastrop, TX, flooding........(All is well!)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
My daughter and her family are in Bastrop, TX ans we've heard nothing from them today. Anybody have any news of the flooding there?

Bob Wright

tinman

Buckeye
Spoke to a niece in Kyle (bout 40 miles from Bastrop). She got 16 inches of rain yesterday.....they were smart enough to build on a hill so no issues other than some muddy spots on the road out to the mailbox. Her husband is a fireman in that area, he's been pretty busy pulling the unlucky (and just plain stupid ones) outta the water. Hope your people are ok.

737tdi

Hunter
Wow, we have gotten a lot of rain in the past couple of weeks. I have mentioned in a couple of other posts about the deluge. I have to guess now about the amount because of my manual rain gauge's failure to record more then 6 inches. I am guessing around 24 inches in just over a week. We are high and dry but am starting to worry about my septic system. This was a quick pic. of my front pond this evening. The fence posts are usually high and dry, and this pond drains into my middle pond. Sorry for the resolution, it was getting dark and a phone pic..

Love the rain but this year it has come in gulps. Hope everyone down around New Braunfels and Wimberly are doing well.

Karl

737tdi

Hunter
RugerHound said:
Good luck Texas... Wishing everyone the best. Serious stuff going on.

Thank you sir. It can get really weird here just like in Arizona. We have our creeks and rivers but they are normally fairly docile. I have lived here almost my whole life. 10 years in the Corps but nothing happened then.?? Well, we will prevail. I am lucky, I picked a spot that would take about 1000 inches of rain to get to. High and dry, and will stay that way. The runoff is to my north and south. Pic. of the pond is south, it all flows around. The other pond is west, we are on a hill with great runoff. JMO, hope that everyone else chose the same.

Karl