Back to the drawing board

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GypsmJim

Single-Sixer
Nice setups Jim and Bullthrower!

The problem I've had with my garage is over the summer it's just so blasted hot! I store my powder and primers inside. I have a "special closet" 😀 Which sounds super funny. But powder and primers and ammo are all nice and dry and cool.

Now thankfully it's nice enough weather I can have the door open and clean it all up.

That's the plan anyway.
I have a workshop with tools and saws and such. Complementing it is a loading bench plus several locked steel lockers for components and finished ammo. Also a rec room with a pool table. Also a laundry room and finally the wife's sewing room. Gotta love having a basement. Could not possibly live without one. When I was offered a huge promotion and had to move to freaking ****, I declined and quit my job because none of the houses in **** had basements.

I have a workshop with tools and saws and such. Complementing it is a loading bench plus several locked steel lockers for components and finished ammo. Also a rec room with a pool table. Also a laundry room and finally the wife's sewing room. Gotta love having a basement. Could not possibly live without one. When I was offered a huge promotion and had to move to freaking ****, I declined and quit my job because none of the houses in **** had basements.
Jim, we are polar opposites. I will never ever live in a house with a basement again.

Nothing but trouble. In Illinois we had one. I hated every minute I had to go down there.

Don't even get me started on sump pumps. They are pure evil.

GypsmJim

Single-Sixer
Jim, we are polar opposites. I will never ever live in a house with a basement again.

Nothing but trouble. In Illinois we had one. I hated every minute I had to go down there.

Don't even get me started on sump pumps. They are pure evil.
Yes, opposites for sure. But I suspect that personal experience has a lot to do with it.

My basement is comfortable during all seasons of the year. The concrete walls are well built and well sealed so it's NOT damp down there. Since we travel a lot we have a backup generator to keep the power on at all times, plus we have a backup sump pump in case the primary fails.

My family home was similar. OTOH my wife's family homestead was dark and damp. She balked when we bought out first house with a basement, but now she can't live without it either.

I just spent the better part of the day down there working on a project. As I write this my wife is on her computer down there in her sewing room.

Different stokes for different folks.

Latest posts