Ammo Getting Easier To Come By?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

It seems to me that ammo is getting WAY easier to come by. For instance: I am from NJ. It used to be that any time I ordered on line I would have to include my FFID info or a picture of it. Now no one cares and everybody just ships. Also, the ammo is actually getting here, when- for a while- the carriers were confiscating or whatever they were doing and I wasn't getting it. Lastly, certain calibers were were hard to come by. Now everyone seems to have everything.

Not to look a gift hose in the mouth, but what happened???

I think it's partly a product of manufacturing finally catching up post-covid. I'm seeing the same thing with various firearms manufactures as well that have been out of certain models, including Ruger.
Well, that would explain the re-supply, but what about the relaxation of rules and the carriers now willing to do their job? Just public pressure?

Armybrat

Buckeye
I am just happy they started making this again….

16BC1E19-782D-42A8-A5C4-13F9EF9774EA.jpeg

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Well, that would explain the re-supply, but what about the relaxation of rules and the carriers now willing to do their job? Just public pressure?
All that and more, including the politics of guns, a rapidly expanding market, favorable court rulings, and disenchantment with anti-gun organizations such as Everytown, among other reasons. Look at all the gun and ammo mfg's that have moved out of blue States for greener pastures, and the number of States that have adopted permitless carry in the last 10 years.

Google 'new gun owners'. Millions of them over the last few years. And every one of them needs ammo. Ammo mfg's can read the tea leaves.

Here's one example from 2022 by CNN:

All that and more, including the politics of guns, a rapidly expanding market, favorable court rulings, and disenchantment with anti-gun organizations such as Everytown, among other reasons. Look at all the gun and ammo mfg's that have moved out of blue States for greener pastures, and the number of States that have adopted permitless carry in the last 10 years.

Google 'new gun owners'. Millions of them over the last few years. And every one of them needs ammo. Ammo mfg's can read the tea leaves.

Here's one example from 2022 by CNN:

Excellent information. Thank you for posting it.

buckeyeshooter

Blackhawk
depends on what you are shooting. 35 Remington, 300 H + H and 50-110 are all unobtanium and even cases to load your own are very hard to find.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye

OLE_X_ME

Bearcat
It seems to me that ammo is getting WAY easier to come by. For instance: I am from NJ. It used to be that any time I ordered on line I would have to include my FFID info or a picture of it. Now no one cares and everybody just ships. Also, the ammo is actually getting here, when- for a while- the carriers were confiscating or whatever they were doing and I wasn't getting it. Lastly, certain calibers were were hard to come by. Now everyone seems to have everything.

Not to look a gift hose in the mouth, but what happened???
for me, locally in RI, ammo is as abundant than toilet paper. however here, we must show either our ccw permit, or our Blue Card. here, a Blue Card is what you get, when you pass a written test, so you can buy guns or ammo..thanks to my state law makers, show either form of ID, or nothing for you.

anyways, i also had to supply a photo copy to an online retailer of that blue card, they keep that on file, and i can buy ammo, with no issues.

jav

Single-Sixer
Yes I squeeze in the deadline date had a bunch of ammo ship to me but the fun is over . Hopefully just a while and we can do it again. Like they say it was fun while it lasted. Just a shoutout for true ammo great company to deal with for shipping to your house and prices are good too

for me, locally in RI, ammo is as abundant than toilet paper. however here, we must show either our ccw permit, or our Blue Card. here, a Blue Card is what you get, when you pass a written test, so you can buy guns or ammo..thanks to my state law makers, show either form of ID, or nothing for you.

anyways, i also had to supply a photo copy to an online retailer of that blue card, they keep that on file, and i can buy ammo, with no issues.
That's even worse than NJ. We don't even get a card for the FFIDor pistol puchasing anymore. They e-mail a page to print out. I shrunk and laminated a copy so I feel more comfortable carrying it in my wallet. I put a copy with each of my firearms. I show FFID and I get ammo in a brick and mortar. The only actual card we get here is CCW ( Costly training course, then $400 for the CCW. Used to have a longer wait, now they have to come back in 90 days. If they don't, you have the CCW. Repeat it all with all costs every 2 years.

Of course, they seem to change our laws every two weeks,so....

Latest posts