availability of new mini 14

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tmar04

Bearcat
As we all know, most retailers that still sell at a fair price are 'out of stock' on mini 14 carbines. I went to my local Walmart and received a fair price of 667.00 +tax on new gun. In fact, the salesperson said they had one on order for stock, and he would put my name on it! He doesn't know when it will be received. My question is this. With all the recent press that auto rifles have received, wouldn't you think that Ruger would be working overtime trying to fill orders before some sort of law is pushed thru to stop sale of these mini 14. I cannot find anything under 900.00 used (other than Walmart new price). Just wondering what everone else is thinking? tks to all.

piratedude

Single-Sixer
Yes I am sure that Ruger is working double and even triple time to fill orders. Having said that... we can not know when/ if the ban will come down. Well we know it won't be until February at the earliest... but it could come down very quickly (as much as I am opposed to it).

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush... you know.

mrmike7189

Single-Sixer
i bought mine wood/blued ranch rifle for 669 bucks.....just noticed this week they jumped up about 300 bucks. Supply and demand ...or just ripping us off because they can?