Are We Allowed To Ask Opinions On

Help Support Ruger Forum:

m657

Buckeye
It's always nice to hear of the experience of others here, and resulting opinions.

I'll summarize my own:

T-guns: I wanted and tried to enjoy them. My interest has evaporated based on a couple ugly experiences with specific models.

Charter 44 bulldog: loved the package, disappointed in the performance. What what I thinking?

Colt MkIII 22 4: very decent large frame beautiful workmanship, but didn't make the 'long term team' cut due to accuracy. My expectations have risen over the years along with my own general geezerhood.

Colt Diamondback 6": years ago my first 22 revolver. Best out of box trigger on any gun I've ever had. Was unable to develop good groups despite a couple years of practice...traded off for a new bauble. Still miss it.

Bearcat: pleasant and highly adequate. Too light for me for serious groups.
Colt 22 Peacemaker: same.

Ruger Single 10, my most recent disappointment. While all was 'perfect' and I bought it specific for its features, I was unable to develop adequate groups even from 20' bench rest. A buddy talked me out of it.

The most accurate revolver I have, is an 8 3/8" m17-4. It has spoiled me for anything of lesser accuracy. I use it for bench-mark. Trigger/action is magnificent, especially after 30 years in my buddy's care and the excellent work his smith put into it so long ago. And apparently I need the heavy muzzle-forward moment-arm/bulk modulus-whatever might 'splain how it works better for me.

Now I'm looking for that 617 4" 10 shot for comparison.

Absent from this list are other 22 revolvers that don't work in my own use, and automatics...an entirely different animal.

Chris

Blackhawk
Colt diamondback is sweet but the prices have almost doubled in the last 2 and half years, Smith combat masterpiece is an awesome gun bout high 700's last time i checked,
C

JimP

Bearcat
Anyone use a Freedom Arms .22lr/.22 magnum? Taffin seems to like them quite a lot.

best,

JimP