AR-556 suddenly wont eject casings today

Help Support Ruger Forum:

llymphs17

Bearcat
Stock gun. Hasn't been shot in about 1 year. But am using same ammo that has never caused an FTF or ejection failure. High quality PRC ammo. Some red tip, too.
Nothing has changed since last shot, cleaned and stored.
Help?

llymphs17

Bearcat
Cleaned last year, everything seems fine, no changes.

Sat because of life/death and other unplanned events...and, it's not the only firearm. Actually forgot I had it lol.

Won't eject? Case stays in the bolt face? Is the bolt cycling fully? Did you try to cycle a few unfired rounds by hand?
Ejector might be sticky. Gas tube might be clogged.
'Or better question, why do you let firearms sit an entire year without cleaning?'
I see no reason a rifle cleaned a year ago shouldn't function today.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

llymphs17

Bearcat
Won't eject? Case stays in the bolt face? Is the bolt cycling fully? Did you try to cycle a few unfired rounds by hand?
Ejector might be sticky. Gas tube might be clogged.
'Or better question, why do you let firearms sit an entire year without cleaning?'
I see no reason a rifle cleaned a year ago shouldn't function today.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Don't judge. You may not have made it thru my last year unscathed in some way. God is merciful.

"Don't judge. You may not have made it thru my last year unscathed in some way. God is merciful."
Begging your pardon, I did not intend to be judgmental. FWIW-My comment was directed toward Jeepnik's post. "Or better question, why do you let firearms sit an entire year without cleaning?"
A firearm is mechanical so unless there's some sort of environmental factor, a stored gun is no different than any other mechanical object.

s4s4u

Hunter
Clean and lube It's been sitting a year. Or better question, why do you let firearms sit an entire year without cleaning?

You clean guns that are clean, just to clean them again? I often have guns sit for some time after use, after cleaning, some for more than a year. I do agree that lube might need to be freshened.

Latest posts