Anyone ever get a Friday/Monday gun?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pokey074

Bearcat
Well, I got some replacement parts in and replaced the transfer bar. The transfer bar is still a little too tall but doesn't get in the way of the hammer unless you really jerk the trigger. It's a little too thick and the hammer will move a little when the transfer bar moves down. I've dealt with that before and it's an easy fix thinning it out just a bit.

Finally got to the range today. It shoots great so at least I got that going for me. Which is nice.

cleardatum

Single-Sixer
ebg3 said:
Just received my brand new 480 Bisley yesterday evening and it is currently on its way back to Ruger for repair. Timing is off; can't cock hammer without helping rotate the cylinder. Lower grip screws were mangled. Loading gate has large gap between gate and cylinder(not machined right). And the grips do not fit. I had this gun on backorder for over a year and finally get one that is a lemon! Don't know how it left the factory and you can't even cock it with just the hammer. Was it test fired?
they have a serious problem here. my .454 bisley has been back repeatedly. this is completely unacceptable. i am very patient, but, c'mon, man...
p.s., still no response from the ceo.

ebg3

Bearcat
cleardatum said:
ebg3 said:
Just received my brand new 480 Bisley yesterday evening and it is currently on its way back to Ruger for repair. Timing is off; can't cock hammer without helping rotate the cylinder. Lower grip screws were mangled. Loading gate has large gap between gate and cylinder(not machined right). And the grips do not fit. I had this gun on backorder for over a year and finally get one that is a lemon! Don't know how it left the factory and you can't even cock it with just the hammer. Was it test fired?
they have a serious problem here. my .454 bisley has been back repeatedly. this is completely unacceptable. i am very patient, but, c'mon, man...
Hmm, that doesn't sound good. I shipped mine out last Friday, may get there today. I'm curious how long it will take on mine. I'll keep posting.

Anyone see a recurring problem here? If as many people here have found problems, think about all that are NOT seen by the "average person" that wouldn't realize that there even WAS a problem? I'll volunteer to work with their Quality Assurance if they pay me to move.

gtxmonte

Buckeye
cleardatum said:
ebg3 said:
What exactly are you going to tell the CEO, or what is it you expect to hear from him? You will get the standard "We know we have problems and are working to correct it" bs statement. Fact is, they are all about turning out numbers, not quality.........and we keep buying them. Why would they change?

cleardatum

Single-Sixer
gtxmonte said:
cleardatum said:
ebg3 said:
What exactly are you going to tell the CEO, or what is it you expect to hear from him? You will get the standard "We know we have problems and are working to correct it" bs statement. Fact is, they are all about turning out numbers, not quality.........and we keep buying them. Why would they change?
i'll tell him what he needs to know. their quality is abysmal. they've lost at least one customer. i don't care how busy they are, quality matters. i was happy to wait as long as necessary. i told them both times it went back, "take your time, make it right, i am NOT in a hurry. this is NOT an emergency." they failed both times. i don't know what the ceo, or anyone else for that matter, can do here, but contact would be nice. as i stated elsewhere, i won't be buying new rugers anymore. there are plenty of good, old guns out there, from when, you know, they had the ability and inclination to turn out a quality product.

Rob72

Bearcat
Cholo said:
They're all built on Monday and Friday. They fix them on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday :mrgreen:
Pretty much. Anymore, I consider it foolish not to do a detail strip, clean and do basic action work on anything new. :roll:

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
I was looking at a new SP101 at a LGS.. right out of the box that had a horrible clyinder drag .. It was rubbing agaist the forcing cone .. The dealer put it back in the box .. I guess he sent it back ...
About 20 years ago I purchased a Marlin 336 in 30-30 that had awful tooling marks on top pf the barrel close to the receiver .. I took it back to the LGS .. I just didnt give it a good eye over .. before leaving ...

I ordered a Rossi 357 magnum 4 inch barreled revolver ..online .. When I went to pick it up .. No where on tbe revolver stayed the caliber .. My dealer wouldnt let me transfer it .. He returned it ..

29aholic

Single-Sixer
It is not just this day and time guys. I worked in several shops in the 80's and 90's and I saw a lot of Rugers with sights on sideways, cylinders with oversized chambers that would split brand new factory ammo.
Funny story about a M-F Ruger. I had this AH that bugged me practically every day for weeks on what 357 revolver to buy. I bet he fondled everything in the case 100 times and practically wore out my catalogs. Then, all of a sudden I didn't see him any more. After about a three week absence he showed back up toting a NIB GP-100. He told me "I bought this gun and it has problems. It wont shoot in the same place twice and there seems to be some movement in the barrel (which he demonstrated)". So I took the GP, opened the cylinder and was able to screw the barrel out of the frame with no resistance at all. I told him "You have a GP-100 with the rare Dan Wesson option". I told him it was obvious he didn't buy it from me because I inspected all guns that came for any issues. He admitted he had bought it at Bass Pro because they were $15.00 cheaper. Now keep in mind he had to drive about 50 miles round trip to save that $15.00.
Any way, he asked me what he should do. I told him to take it back to BP for an exchange or refund. He said they wouldn't do that. I told him his next option is to send it back to Ruger. I told him BP should do that for free for him. He said "nope, they want to charge me $25.00 to do that (remember the $15.00?)". I told him if he had bought it from me I would have done it for free, but since he had bought it from a competitor I would also charge $25.00. He paid me the $25.00 to avoid another long round trip.