Amazon orders

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
I know there are several people on the forum that dislike Amazon. Hey! I can live with that.
I HAD been bundling my orders with them to help reduce their cost. UNTIL I had multiple
orders waiting for one item, before it would ship. - - - Since then I have placed each order
as I decide to get what ever it is. - - - Doing that, if any item is not immediately available,
ONLY that one item is delayed.

I've also had them bundle multiple orders so there was . . one . . delivery. :) Good for them.

As almost a P.S.: As long as I can have an item delivered to my door, for less than I can
purchase it any where else, I will continue to buy from Amazon, and ONLY then. :) ;-) :)

dweis

Single-Sixer
Amazon is my go-to supplier for everyday items and some special items. Prime members get a lot of benefit especially free shipping. I opened an Amazon Store card so I get a 5% cash back credit on what’re I charge to the card. That on top of generally lowe prices than you can get elsewhere is money in the bank.

Far North Collector

Single-Sixer
Amazon sucks. so do,es the owner. the far "left wack job, jeff Bazos" ownes it. yes the same guy the owns his own Washington propaganda newspaper in DC. makes billions with Amazon. then donates Millions to far left nut jobs like Van Jones, ( he s the worst) and his far left (anti gun, for one) agenda. is it a well run company. yes, convenient. yes. but I'm not giving zero dollers to him. for me, convenient will not jeopardy my principles....be part of the the solution, not part of the problem. FNC

The irony is my wife, who by all y'all's standards is for sure a "far left nut job", hates that I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon because of it's owner and how he treats his employees, I think... Seems, sometimes when you get to a certain place in life and have a certain amount of money, you aren't going to make anyone happy. If amazon is so anti gun how is it I've bought numerous firearm related stuff from there?

My one 'complaint' about Amazon is it's just too easy to spend money with them.

Far North Collector

Single-Sixer
my one complaint is less then 400K to guns owners of America. so where told. and millions to multiple very. very far left wack jobs. van Jones being one of them. whats he do with his Bazos money. poison young kids minds with his foundation. face it. Jones is a far out liberal. do you thinking he s teaching conservative thoughts to young kids....Not.

Far North Collector

Single-Sixer
good point, but make stand where you can. Mammoth is a good one. black rifle coffee also...don't be complacent. do your due diligence. live your way, think your way,, not they way they want you to. dollars matter ! 90% of the people vote the pocket book every 4 years. due it daily.

contender

Ruger Guru
I agree with FNC that Jeff Bozo is a far left liberal that donates millions to anti-gun, far left liberals.
I also know that besides the GOA,, they have also given more than that to the FoNRA program via the same Amazon Smile program. I get occasional emails with the updated amount.
I also agree that Amazon has a business model of offering goods, shipped to your home for a fair price,, combined with all the conveniences associated with it.
And quite often,, they have items available when local stores do not carry what we want or need.

Yet,, I don't have an Amazon account,, but Miss Penny does.

She uses it BECAUSE she can't find items locally she wants to buy. While we prefer to be able to go to a store,, look at items,, make a decision based upon what we see & feel with the item in stock,, often we can't.
Local stores do not stock all the things we want.
Local stores carry an item,, then stop carrying it & replace it with something else. If we want the previous item,, apparently, quite often,, we can find it on Amazon.

Miss Penny has often said; "Well they don't have XYZ,, but Amazon will!"

We HATE that. We hate that stores refuse to offer goods people want or need.

And we also hate that Jeff Bozo is such a liberal trying to use his money to make the world into his vision of how we live.

It's a "Catch 22" if you will.

However,, it may not be all good before long. I saw on the news that Amazon employees are looking to vote on the idea of becoming unionized. In recent years,, I can not recall a single company that voted in the union that didn't raise their prices,, & offer poorer service. So if Amazon does become unionized,, then look for changes.

This is NOT being political.

I know many good people who work under a union & are quite happy. But as a consumer,, I've not seen the end result of unionizing being good for the consumer,, as compared to a sole ownership business.

For me,, using Amazon has been almost non-existent. Yes,, Miss Penny gets some stuff from there & occasionally when I can't find a specific item,, I ask her to get it off Amazon. But due to Jeff Bozo's anti-gun attitude,, I try HARD to not help his causes.
As noted,, a "Catch 22" scenario.

my one complaint is less then 400K to guns owners of America. so where told. and millions to multiple very. very far left wack jobs. van Jones being one of them. whats he do with his Bazos money. poison young kids minds with his foundation. face it. Jones is a far out liberal. do you thinking he s teaching conservative thoughts to young kids....Not.
You have made your point. We get it, You don't like Amazon OR it's owner. The horse is dead; quit beating it. ;)

Even if you look at Wal Mart or Target, or pick your big box store of choice. They won’t have certain speciality items the way Amazon does.

My dogs eat a lot. Their food is the same price on Amazon as at the store. Why should I go to the store and lug this giant bag of food home, when Amazon will bring it right to my front door?

Oh, and I use Amazon Smiles and donate to the gun organization that teaches women how to shoot and supports women in the shooting sports.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
I don't seem to be able to quit Amazon Prime. Every time I try they have some great deal when I order stuff or they give you a free trial for Prime Video and all that other run a round. They have my CC number and they keep re-starting my Prime membership even though I don't want it.

dstegjas

Bearcat
My one 'complaint' about Amazon is it's just too easy to spend money with them.

When I retired three years ago I had several friends give me advice on what to do and not to do. By far, ”stay away from Amazon” was the biggest one. They said you will spend way to much money there. I should have paid attention, they were right.

ronto

Single-Sixer
I don't seem to be able to quit Amazon Prime. Every time I try they have some great deal when I order stuff or they give you a free trial for Prime Video and all that other run a round. They have my CC number and they keep re-starting my Prime membership even though I don't want it.
Ask your CC company to reverse the charges. I had to change my CC # before they would stop charging me.

Actually Amazon is a great help to me. I have other hobbies beyond collecting Rugers. I do leather projects and it is so much easier to order whatever I need, be it leather, dye, or tools, it is much easier for me to have it delivered to my front door then to drive to 30 miles one way to WW III (Baltimore City) to the Tandy store to pick it up. I am actually awaiting a delivery this afternoon of a punch I need. Also, being unable to walk long distances it is much easier to get delivery than to hope to find a parking space very close to whatever store I need to visit.

Rook

Blackhawk
When I retired three years ago I had several friends give me advice on what to do and not to do. By far, ”stay away from Amazon” was the biggest one. They said you will spend way to much money there. I should have paid attention, they were right.
BS! If you can't control what you spend on Amazon then you can't control what you spend anywhere.

Far North Collector

Single-Sixer
Actually Amazon is a great help to me. I have other hobbies beyond collecting Rugers. I do leather projects and it is so much easier to order whatever I need, be it leather, dye, or tools, it is much easier for me to have it delivered to my front door then to drive to 30 miles one way to WW III (Baltimore City) to the Tandy store to pick it up. I am actually awaiting a delivery this afternoon of a punch I need. Also, being unable to walk long distances it is much easier to get delivery than to hope to find a parking space very close to whatever store I need to visit.
Mike. stop beating dead horse, we get it. you love far left Bazos for his convenience !

Mr Pickles

Bearcat
I'm going to cancel my amazon prime membership this year. I really enjoy Walmart+ and Sam's club delivery much better.

Latest posts