Amazon orders

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BearBiologist

Single-Sixer
Live in a smaller town/city in eastern Washington. Limited selection locally. Walmart delivery sucks (at least here it does). Can't find some spices, canned brands, modeling supplies, back packs, etc. locally or pay through the nose or drive to Seattle or Portland.

For several months, I was at home as sole caregiver for my invalid wife. There were a lot of medical supplies not available locally, that were available from amazon at a reasonable price. When I couldn’t get to the crummy local grocery , I’ve ordered canned food, etc from amazon.

I wear size 14 shoes. No store within 100 miles carries size 14 shoes. Amazon does, and if they don’t fit, it costs nothing to return them. (Unlike any other online shoe seller I have found)

Same thing with size 3xl tall shirts.

So yeah, I like the “convenience”. It makes it possible for me to do what I need to get done.

I live near Hemet California, which is a small town. We had a K Mart there but it closed down. The truth is that I'm not going to make my life harder than it needs to be. Most of the stuff I buy comes from Amazon. Plus I don't have to waste gas running around looking for stuff. I'm sorry if some of you consider me a traitor for dealing with Amazon but that's the way it is. I'm not going to make my life harder just for some principle.

37fed

Single-Sixer
Small town or online, if you decide to not do business with everybody you dont like the cupboard is gonna get mighty bare.

Far North Collector

Single-Sixer
I live near Hemet California, which is a small town. We had a K Mart there but it closed down. The truth is that I'm not going to make my life harder than it needs to be. Most of the stuff I buy comes from Amazon. Plus I don't have to waste gas running around looking for stuff. I'm sorry if some of you consider me a traitor for dealing with Amazon but that's the way it is. I'm not going to make my life harder just for some principle.
Cary c. not picking a fight here, but you have two oxymorons here, your small malmart closed. in part mostly due the towns compliancy to support it own local store. im sure there's lot of other factors. Amazon you can count on being a big part of why its now gone. two, you complain about making you life harder? inaction, compactly, convenients, over what you stand for and support. yes, your money matters. far leftist views have ruined this country. the bone head in office now is a great example. how's $5 going working for us all. im pretty convenient your life easyer now with high price gas. (sarcastic added) stand for something. I stand against not supporting leftest views with my spending powers. over price, convenients or inconvenient.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I wonder how many that make their decisions based on politcial aspects actually go and check the behind the scenes stuff on other places they go to or products they buy. Typically I find they don't and will have an excuse to use/keep the item that doesn't fit their reasoning. Espeically love the ones that preach about buying only products made domestically yet tell everyone one this from their vehcile made in Mexico/Canada on a phone/computr made overseas. It's all pick and choose for them but they preach something else.

dannyd

Blackhawk
When did we become a society too lazy to go to the store?

This millennial, instant gratification, social media world has changed a lot of things and a lot of people …..

I'm old and I don't like going to the store. 20 years ago my second daughter got married and I had to start going to the grocery store. Hadn't been in one for over twenty years and could not find anything. I love shipt order on line delivered to the door. Going to any store for me is right up there with the manual PSA test if you what I mean. So it's just not kids.

GasGuzzler

Buckeye
Why is refusing to continue to perform an unnecessary act now laziness? I can spend more time on the golf course or with family instead of shopping at a "real store" whose hiring, firing, and thermostat is remotely controlled from Arkansas. All majors retailers have massive political and operational faults just like people. My method to combat tyranny is to live how I choose and spend how I choose. I use the Thursday "all at once" option when I am not in a hurry. I haven't had one item hold up one of those types of shipments but I can see how it would happen. They give you $1 off your next order to receive one out of four items (average for me) a couple days later. Using less box cardboard and fuel couldn't be a bad idea regardless of political leanings. I would spend way more than $15 a month on shipping if not for Prime. Sometimes Amazon doesn't have what you want OR the price is stupid high because of demand (grape juice over the last few weeks). I checked Walmart online and found the proper price with curbside delivery in person the next hour. That meant it was in stock in my store so I went to the store and bought it. Been waiting for that specific product since February.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
If you have notified them properly in line with the terms of your agreement and they still won’t stop, file a complaint with the FTC and your State Attorney General.
I don't think you understand exactly what is happening to my account. I said, " they have some great deal when I order stuff or they give you a free trial for Prime Video and all that other run a round." Even though I have set a date for Prime to end something I do keeps extending it. I am not saying they are breaking their contract but that I can't keep up with all the ways they use to extend it.

dstegjas

Bearcat
BS! If you can't control what you spend on Amazon then you can't control what you spend anywhere.
Rook, do you really think I care what your opinion is about by post. just For the record, I don’t. So move on if you don’t have anything nice to say.

Last edited:

idsubgun

idsubgun
I wonder how many in this thread actually live in a rural area? I'm in the woods of the Ozarks and a simple run to the store to get bread would burn up at least an hour, and a couple, maybe three, gallons of gas.
I use Amazon a lot, and I'm not going to apologize for it to anyone! Don't like Amazon, then don't use them. I don't have instant access to brick & mortar stores so I buy online.
Part of the left's strategy is to "shame" people and now the right is shaming fellow conservatives on where we shop. Pretty pathetic!

redhawker

Buckeye
I usually try to get what I need locally or from other than Amazon but many times what I'm looking for I can only find on Amazon. A recent case in point. My wife wanted a cheap floor lamp to replace one that got broken. Nothing fancy, no particular design, just a floor lamp. The only real parameters were she wanted it in black metal and didn't want to spend more than about $60. Looked at all the local furniture and lighting stores and even some of the other famous online retailers and either way too much money or they didn't have them. She saw one at the Ikea website she liked but it said they wouldn't have any for 6 weeks. So, back to Amazon. They actually had the same Ikea lamp on Amazon that Ikea didn't have. She, however, found another she liked better that was in stock and $40. It'll be here Tuesday. Wasted a couple of hours looking for it elsewhere and ended up at Amazon anyway, which took about 10 minutes to find there.

Latest posts