advice on which 45LC....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jeffnles1

Blackhawk
I have average size hands. Bisley's are more comfortable for me when shooting one handed classic target style. For a 2 hand hold, I like the blackhawks better.

The 45acp / 45 Colt combo is the one I'd get. Here's why. Unless you reload, 45acp is a lot less expensive to buy than 45 Colt. You can shoot up a bunch of ACP for a bunch less money. Reloading, they're about the same. 45 Colt may take a bit more powder if you're stoking it up but for target loads, the savings ACP vs. 45 Colt is minimal.

But the answer of which one you like is the best of the day. What I like may not be what you like.

Jeff

Ed333

Bearcat
Took my (new to me) old Vaquero 7.5" plow share to a plates match this morning, fired the first line of 6 with the Vaquero, then switched over to my S&W Governor for the rest, with the permission of the RO. Trigger is really slick! Made me start shooting the Governor single action, much more comfortable. Had two different reloads working, the 200 gr. LRNFP over 7.2 gr. of Bullseye was quite noticeably stiffer than the 250 gr. Berry TMJ over 8.7 gr. of Hodgdon CFE. The CFE is cleaner, I will give it that!

Get one of every configuration, problem solved, :D trouble is you'll probably love em all.

Bisley grip is my favorite some say less felt recoil personally recoils wise I see little or no difference. ps

Old Dog Soldier

Bearcat
Handle all the different models that you can get your hands on. The one that feels like the "most" natural extension of your arm and hand would be a good place to start. You will know "it just feels right"

ODS

P.S. Just remember...... I did say it would be a "good place to start" you will probably want more than one!

steve8261948

Single-Sixer
Since the DA grip frames fit my hands better I opted for a S&W 25-5:
25-5-9.jpg

Steve