Action not seating properly

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tomshoots

Bearcat
I had a Midway stainless heavy bull barrel in a Volquartsen laminated wood stock on my 1022 for years. Worked well the whole time but I decided to switch to a Kidd Ultra Light.
Once installed, the action doesn't seem to fit as well as before. It rocks up and down like a teeter totter. Any ideas? I can't see anything stopping it from seating solidly.
Thanlks!

tomshoots

Bearcat
I don't think so. Even if it was, I would think the Kidd being the same outside diameter would be doing the same. I wonder if some material could be added underneath to snug it up.

9x19

Hunter
Same trigger group?

It is the second anchor point... rear 'lip' in the stock wedges between receiver and trigger housing, action screw is forward anchor point, make sure there isn't some debris on the bottom lug of the action, or in the stock where the screw comes thru.

tomshoots

Bearcat
Yeah same trigger group. The stock and receiver are both clear of debris and properly positioned. I think Mobuck was right. The other barrel fit tighter in the stock. It seems the Kidd is free floating.

tomshoots

Bearcat
Okay problem solved. I put a layer of JB weld into the bottom of the stock just ahead of the action screw and let it cure overnight. Put it back together and it fits perfectly. No more teeter totter. Thanks to all who offered help.
Here's a few pics:

Attachments

• IMG_5183.jpeg
    IMG_5183.jpeg
    385.1 KB · Views: 33

Latest posts