Mark IV Target rear sight not sitting flat

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jotkaPL

Bearcat
hi there
I've noticed at the range that my Mark IV shots a bit too high. Trying to adjust the rear sight Ive noticed that it doesn't sit flat on the upper.
Is it the same with yours?

would you advise to compensate this using the adjustment screw or trying to re-fit the whole rear sight?

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2023-03-27 o 07.29.29.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2023-03-27 o 07.29.29.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Poland? WOW, we're really getting spread out on RugerForum. Welcome.
I've noticed this on some pistols. Just a factor of mass production. If the sight is tight in the dovetail, the slight gap is only cosmetic.
Most certainly, use the adjustment rather than 're-fit'. Looks like there's a lot of 'down' adjustment available.

jotkaPL

Bearcat
Yes, it sits tight enough (to be honest, so tight I'm a bit afraid of punching it out of the dovetail).

The mounting screws at the top, are they 1/16 hex?

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!

I agree with Mobuck. If it's tight as you say,, I'd not try to fool with doing anything. If you were here in the USA, I'd say a polite call to Ruger would get it returned to them, and corrected. Being in Poland makes that option very difficult.

I'm not sure about the screw head size on the top. Generally, they have a single screw that's used to just as a "keeper" to prevent it base from shifting in the dovetail slot. The sight is not screwed to the receiver.

I don't have an Mk4 to look at but the Mk 2/3 rear sight in front of me has a small slotted head set screw on the left top surface of the base that holds the sight firm in the dovetail and a larger slotted slotted head screw in the middle through the actual moveable part of the sight and into the 'base'. The screw in the center top surface is the one that adjusts up/down. It has tiny marks around the periphery to give some indication of how much adjustment is made.