A Vaquero shooting off,,, a bit,,,

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Short Barrel

Blackhawk
That is some great shooting and it is a super accurate gun as well.they won't all do that.That one is a lifetime keeper.

I'm not a fan of fixed sight guns either,just because they are harder to adjust and I can't see the factory fixed sights well,especially on sunny days.

Adjustible sights have some play in the rear blade and sometimes even the front.This play can and will increase your group size.This can add 1/2" or more to your group size at 25 yds,depending on sight radius and amount of play in the sight.

If that gun were mine,I would spend the money to have a professional regulate it.You won't find an FA or custom gun to be more accurate than that.Nice shooting also,Sixshot.

JOHNNY WACKO

Blackhawk
Hay gunrunner ,I seen a video of a guy shooting a 45 with birdshead grips and he couldn't hold on to it because of the small grips.Is that a problem with your 44 40????

Tx gun runner

Single-Sixer
JOHNNY WACKO":2yz7533f said:
Hay gunrunner ,I seen a video of a guy shooting a 45 with birdshead grips and he couldn't hold on to it because of the small grips.Is that a problem with your 44 40????
I have no problem with the birdshead , the trick is the pinky . Now it is not the grip for mag loads

grip.jpg

I could not control the gun with SBH frame on my 357 max , so I put the Vaquero frame on it ..

4e7d8761.jpg

When I load my 44-40 to meet or exceed the 44 mag I like this grip . The bisley is a bad as the SBH frame to me .

Picture948.jpg