7.62-39 loads

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Old and grumpy

Single-Sixer
I tried these because they are cheap but they don't cycle at the recomended max fps for them (1600fps with no gas check) in my AK. The book has data from Lyman for cast un plated rounds like these. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2046238334?pid=893841
1671552987071.png

Old and grumpy

Single-Sixer
It might if you push them too hard I think. It would lead up the bore also. I am not the expert on this. I would think if you fire fast and heat it up it would not be good.

40nascar

Banned
that is a good deal. you can afford to shoot and practice without taking out a loan lol
Save yourself time and money. Belom Tactical ammo is available at Target Sports USA for 45c per round, shipped to your door ( in case quantities). Brass/ Boxer that goes bang everytime in a mini-30.

Bad Barlow

Blackhawk
Save yourself time and money. Belom Tactical ammo is available at Target Sports USA for 45c per round, shipped to your door ( in case quantities). Brass/ Boxer that goes bang everytime in a mini-30.
45¢ a round does not save me money,I shoot Berry's and Xtreme for ≈ 25¢ a bang.Also, the mini throws full power brass into the next county,my 2000fps loads eject about 3' !
I do like the Belom in my CZ bolt gun, good stuff.

shoot to thrill

Single-Sixer
45¢ a round does not save me money,I shoot Berry's and Xtreme for ≈ 25¢ a bang.Also, the mini throws full power brass into the next county,my 2000fps loads eject about 3' !
I do like the Belom in my CZ bolt gun, good stuff.
where do you get the powder and primers at?

shoot to thrill

Single-Sixer
My stash. I loaded up with components after the shortage of 2000.
My son will probably be inheriting primers, even if I live to be 100!
They were bought at the $30/M rate at the Ace hardware!
so you have plenty for 22 years then another 50 years. now I know why I cant find any. so I guess you own a tandem dump truck to go shopping

Hankus

Blackhawk
I didn't buy them all at once! And I certainly didn't clean out the shelf, there were lots available at the time... don't blame me...
Good foresight! That sounds a bit like my .22LR supply. Back in '94 I was stationed at Fort Carson, CO. There was a drugstore chain, Long's Drugs, that sold firearms and ammunition. They had Federal .22LR in 550 round boxes for $4.99/box so I bought 20 boxes over the course of a few weeks, as $100 was a lot on a soldier's pay back then. My son and I opened the last box the day after Christmas and shot maybe 300 rounds of it with zero misfires. I kept them stored in ammo cans along with some desiccant. Last year, noting my "dwindling" supply I've started buying the Federal 325 round boxes at Walmart for $21.87/box. I probably have 10 boxes of that tucked away currently.