6th Annual Ruger Collectors Display Show, Boise Idaho

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TBear77

Single-Sixer
See y'all about noon on Sunday. My wife and son will be there with me. She hasn't been to a show before, but decided she wants to see the displays.

Ted

chutch

Bearcat
Good Job Guy's ! Once again a great set of displays. Thanks for all of your efforts, doing these shows has to be an enormous amount of work. I was able to meet a few of you and put a face to the sign on names . The displays of Vaqueros and Old Army's were impressive in their sheer amount of models shown. Once again Terry T's displays grabbed my interest . The collection of SP101's was awesome, many varieties I didn't know existed , thoughtfully laid out and educational . As with the Speed Six and Security Sixes a couple of years ago, you not only see something new you get some education in the process. Very well done.
Man I need a #1 RSI bad !!!!

Terry T

Buckeye
"chutch"
Thank you for the kind words. We'll try to get some photos up in a couple of days. :D
Terry T

Great Show Just Got Home from Boise! Snowy Roads but we live in the west. Thank you to Hank & Susie!!! Great Job pulling off yet another great Show! 6th year! Very nice Displays & meet a lot of new Ruger Fans! Very Nice Displays again this Year! Hank & Dennis took great pictures. Looking forward to next year!

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
First I'd like to thank Hank and Susie for yet another great show. Their work does get noticed!
As a testament to that, One gentleman left -3 Wisconsin to fly out here for the show. The Saturday night dinner was superb! Nice to meet you Dennis. Good to see TBear and Wife and Son at the show. Met a lot of good people. The displays were yet outstanding. Thanks to Ruger Owners & Collectors and Lewis & Clark Trader for the awards. Bearpaw Jack was a first time displayer, had a lot of nice revolvers - everyone who came by picked one up! Joel had a great display - another first timer. I'm sure TerryT's, LoveMyDals or Hanks photos will be better than the ones I took so I leave that to them. Glad everyone made it home OK - Sorry 'bout the snow :!:

Terry T

Buckeye
A few photos:
I know folks know me as a double action guy but I like Vaqueros too! :oops:
Just to mix it up, I brought out a few Vaqueros to share at Boise.

But....couldn't leave the SP-101s at home so.....

Had a great time - met some fine folks, renewed old friendships, made some new ones and ate too much.
Terry T

Terry T

Buckeye
A few more photos - I'm sure the other folks are better - they have better cameras!

"Love my Dals" with his 'best of show' Old Armys:

"Love my Dals" couldn't leave his Speed Sixs home either.

Some more displays:

"Steve Ruger"

Hank and some amazing engraved Vaqueros:

"Old Ruger Man"

"UBME"

And then a Boise Monday morning "good by" :shock:

(Bit of a shock for a couple of Ca. boys! )
Terry T

ubme

Bearcat
Thanks Hank & Susie for putting on a great show. Good to see everyone again and meeting new Ruger enthusiasts. The displays were outstanding.
Shawn

radicalrod

Hunter
Heck I thought you guys had SNOW....not FROST :lol: :lol: :lol:

The displays look great....we need more details....thanks for the pics....RR

TBear77

Single-Sixer
Another thank you to Hank and Susie for hosting the show.

Terry's display with the Vaquero's and pic's of Kelly really got my wife's attention. It was her favorite display; she even asked what the difference was between the Vaquero's and Blackhawks. But the highlite of the show for her was when Randy introduced her to Marlin as my daughter-in-law...it's going to be while before I live that one down. I ain't THAT old. :D

Now that she's met some members of the forum, she is happier that I'm spending time here rather than 'other' sites. :wink:

Ted

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Great displays and excellent pictures !

Thanks for sharing looking forward to others posting their pictures also.

Dennis,
Did that "Liberty" 9MM make the trip??

Terry

lovemydals

Buckeye
Better late than never. The following are photos from the 6th Annual Ruger Collectors Display Show in Bosie Idaho (January 10 & 11, 2015)

First & foremost, a really big THANK YOU to Hank & Susan Green for their hard work with this year's show! There is a lot of "behind the scenes" work that takes place long before the show weekend arrives that we the displayers don't see. As in past years, another successful show!

Thank you Terry T for your prompt efforts to post some photos from this fabulous ROCS show.

This year we had eleven displays presented by seven displayers (two were first time displayers) traveling from California, Utah & various locations in Idaho judged under Ruger Owners & Collectors Society (ROCS) judging rules, People's Choice Award & the show promoter.

Ruger Row (that's Terry T in the following four photos)

Following are the top winners for each category;

Under Ruger Owners & Collectors Society (ROCS) judging rules, top honors went to the following;

1st place Novice Class went to "Steve's Favorites" display presented by Steven Joel A

There were no Intermediate Class displays

1st place Advance Class was a tie between two outstanding displays;

"Special Vaquero's" display presented by circlergrugers (Hank G)

"White Box Super Blackhawks 1960-1961" display presented by SteveRuger (Steve A), which was awarded Ruger Owners & Collectors Society (ROCS) Best in Show after the tie breaker

Best Ruger of Show (BROS) award went to the Super Single Six with the experimental sand blast finish presented by ubme (Shawn L). A very rare Super Single Six!

Peoples Choice Award, Most Educational Award & the show promoter Lewis Clark Traders Best In Show was awarded to "Sturm, Ruger & Company Old Army Revolvers" display presented by lovemydals (Dennis C)

The following photo depicts the show promoter Lewis Clark Traders judging results. From left to right; Terry T (A Few Unusual Vaqueros & New Vaqueros), Randy G (Ruger Flat Bolt Beginning To End 1968 - 1974), Hank G (Special Vaquero's), Dennis C (Sturm, Ruger & Company Old Army Revolvers) & Lewis Clark Traders promoter & his bride.

3rd place winning display in "A Few Unusual Vaqueros & New Vaqueros" presented by Terry T (Terry T)

2nd place winning display was "Ruger Flat Bolt Beginning To End 1968 - 1974" presented by OldRugerMan (Randy G)

1st place winning display was "Special Vaquero's" presented by circlergrugers (Hank G)

Best In Show winning display was "Sturm, Ruger & Company Old Army Revolvers" presented by lovemydals (Dennis C)

In addition to the above, below is what I'm calling the "Honorable Mentions" category;

"Ruger Over/Under Shotgun 20 Gauge Made For Orvis" & "Ruger Two Of A Kind Single Shot" display presented by OldRugerMan (Randy G)

"Unique Collectables" display presented by ubme (Shawn L)

"Ruger SP101 The First 20 Years 1989 through 2008" display presented by Terry T (Terry T)

"Sturm, Ruger & Company Speed Six" display presented by lovemydals (Dennis C)

Novice display (no title) presented by BearPawJack (Marlin ?)

I'm hoping that I covered all eleven displays. Just in case I didn't, I apologize in advance.

A really big THANK YOU goes to Hank & Susan G for their effort to make this show a reality. Also, the displayers deserve acknowledgement as well. I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to next years show.

Enjoy everyone!

lmd

PS. This is posted in Ruger Forum The Gallery too.

PSS. Being that this show was supported by ROCS (Ruger Owners & Collectors Society), I edited my post to give ROCS credit.

chet15

Hawkeye
Wow!!! The quality and presentation of these displays, compared to the time we first started displaying in the mid-1980's, is truly above and beyond exceptional!!!
Chet15

Latest posts