2024 Idaho Collectors Show Report

Help Support Ruger Forum:

It is hard to believe that our 14th annual Ruger Display at the Ford Idaho Center in Nampa is already history. A big THANK YOU to the show's long time organizers Hank and Susie for another great show.

This year we had a total of 14 displays. In addition to local displayers, there were participants from California, Oregon, Washington, Utah, Alaska, and Nebraska. The displays included some very exceptional and rare Rugers to be enjoyed by all.

These are the Ruger Collector award winners:

1st Novice - Display by Brian: Winning Hands of Ruger Revolvers

1st Advanced – Display one by Dennis: Sturm Ruger & Company Old Army Revolvers – 7 ½" Barrel & Adjustable Sights

Best Educational – Display one by Dennis: Sturm Ruger & Company Old Army Revolvers – 7 ½" Barrel & Adjustable Sights and

Display two by Dennis: The Placerville, California Sesquicentennial Celebration (1854 to 2004) & The Sturm Ruger Connection

People's Choice Award – Display by Matt: The first generation of…the long and short of it.

Lewis & Clark Show Promoter Awards:

1st Place Display by Mike: Ruger Factory-Made 357 Flattop Cutaway

2nd Place Display by Hank: Ruger Vaquero "Touched by Gold"

3rd Place Display by Troy and Taryn: Original 22 Single Sixes

In addition to the displays, many sought-after Rugers and a great collection of memorabilia were offered for sale. Many went home with items to add to our personal collections and to play with.

This year our Ruger Display show expanded again, with three additional displays and 15 sales tables present. Another great show and a fabulous banquet attended by the displayers and their friends and family at "Louies" Italian restaurant in Meridian.

Although some displayers experienced delays driving home, this weekend is much worse. As of this writing I am watching the snow fall, maybe three inches so far, and a total of six to eight inches by tomorrow night.

I will make additional posts with pictures and display descriptions.

FOR THE LOVE OF RUGERS

contender

Ruger Guru
Fantastic report.

As a person who not only displays at the ROCS/OGCA show,, AND enjoys seeing other displays,, I hope to see others decide to jump in & do a display.

Many displays are more often rare or unusual guns & stuff. But in the pictures thread is a PERFECT example of just doing a display,, and showing pride in what YOU have. The family guns. A different approach to collecting,, but well worth the time & effort of doing a display. Having family stuff, AND recording the history,, at least for that family,, will not be a story of "I wish this gun could talk," to a story of "Let me show you & tell you about this gun that grandpa (or grandma) had!"

Yes,, displays take time, effort, and money to put together. But the rewards are well worth it.

lovemydals

Buckeye
It is hard to believe that our 14th annual Ruger Display at the Ford Idaho Center in Nampa is already history. A big THANK YOU to the show's long time organizers Hank and Susie for another great show.

This year we had a total of 14 displays. In addition to local displayers, there were participants from California, Oregon, Washington, Utah, Alaska, and Nebraska. The displays included some very exceptional and rare Rugers to be enjoyed by all.

These are the Ruger Collector award winners:

1st Novice - Display by Brian: Winning Hands of Ruger Revolvers

1st Advanced – Display one by Dennis: Sturm Ruger & Company Old Army Revolvers – 7 ½" Barrel & Adjustable Sights

Best Educational – Display one by Dennis: Sturm Ruger & Company Old Army Revolvers – 7 ½" Barrel & Adjustable Sights and

Display two by Dennis: The Placerville, California Sesquicentennial Celebration (1854 to 2004) & The Sturm Ruger Connection

People's Choice Award – Display by Matt: The first generation of…the long and short of it.

Lewis & Clark Show Promoter Awards:

1st Place Display by Mike: Ruger Factory-Made 357 Flattop Cutaway

2nd Place Display by Hank: Ruger Vaquero "Touched by Gold"

3rd Place Display by Troy and Taryn: Original 22 Single Sixes

In addition to the displays, many sought-after Rugers and a great collection of memorabilia were offered for sale. Many went home with items to add to our personal collections and to play with.

This year our Ruger Display show expanded again, with three additional displays and 15 sales tables present. Another great show and a fabulous banquet attended by the displayers and their friends and family at "Louies" Italian restaurant in Meridian.

Although some displayers experienced delays driving home, this weekend is much worse. As of this writing I am watching the snow fall, maybe three inches so far, and a total of six to eight inches by tomorrow night.

I will make additional posts with pictures and display descriptions.

FOR THE LOVE OF RUGERS
Thanks Mike for the write-up & posting photos.

lmd