32 mag single-six ten incher

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Maybe it was a 9.5" barrel but it was lnib, a blue 1980's gun. No signs of use, no turn ring, nice. Y/b box card etc.

Going back on Monday, going to trade into it.

Soooo... what is a value these days, what would you give for this as-described :?:

Hondo44

Hawkeye
$450 to 500. They were first issued in 1884. The long barrel is about the lowest volume produced because of low market demand. And desirability hasn't improved so I wouldn't pay a premium.

What are they asking for it?

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Anyone see a ANIB long barrel for sale in the last couple years?

This one comes from a plant manager's collection so I am confident he has not fired it...

48flyer

Single-Sixer
It really depends on how many people want one, at the same time...
I have seen them in the $500 range, but have also seen bidders at an auction, go as high as $1000.
I wouldn't go that high, but I think anything under $600-$650, in this condition, would be a fair deal. That's just me, and I may be addicted to 32 caliber stuff.......

mohavesam

Hawkeye
- You've "seen them" for around $500?

I'm also a fan of the first runs but honestly this is the first as-new long barrel I've seen irl in 4-5 years. And that last one was a shooter at 750 or so...
If I get it it'll be a shooter too!

toroflow

Single-Sixer
I don't believe they are worth THAT much. I bought a 90% shooter 9.5" a couple years ago for $325. If you can get a NIB one for around $550, I'd say that was a deal. Anymore funds than that, and I'd say you'll either be sitting on it forever trying to make a buck, or sell for a loss one day.

xtratoy

Buckeye
mohavesam said:
Maybe it was a 9.5" barrel but it was lnib, a blue 1980's gun. No signs of use, no turn ring, nice. Y/b box card etc.

Going back on Monday, going to trade into it.

Soooo... what is a value these days, what would you give for this as-described :?:
How much are they asking for it?

mohavesam

Hawkeye
It is mine now, traded an RSI to it. Nice,complete package. Got the original transfer slip with it, 1987. Thirty year old new guns interest me! Still interested in RENE values.

Joe S.

Hunter
If you're happy that's all that matters.

I wouldnt take $500 for mine. Mine is in good shape but far from mint and i dont have box or papers. I had a Vaquerito with box that i had about $350 in. Traded it and $100 for it.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Thanks. I haven't seen cash in my pocket for quite awhile, so I had to swap into it and set my own value.
I believe I wouldn't take $600+ for this one. Plus all the original ruger exec provenance, unfired condition, etc. I don't own many safe queens, so will probably shoot it someday.

Think I own more 32 Ruger revolvers than any other models. At one time we had a discussion that concluded they had more 32 variants than any other caliber handgun? I'm not a collector per we, but its tough to walk away from unfired 30+ year old handguns...

32magfan

Blackhawk
I have all the barrel lengths of the original blued adjustable-sight models except the 9.5". :roll: I would gladly pay $500-600 for a nice example if I had the money to do so. I have so many .32 guns that I don't think I will be buying too many more. Maybe the Henry Big Boys in brass frames (I got the steel ones). I am also keeping my eye out for S&W models from the early '90's like 16's, 631 & 632's. I don't see those very often. I also don't see very many 9.5" Single Six .32's so I think the OP did well for himself.

I say shoot it and enjoy it fully.

Thanks,

32Magfan

Latest posts