What animal made this noise?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

krw

Blackhawk
Prob been 30 yrs bak, I would walk to my favorite spot to start Turkey hunting. Bout 1/2 mi and there was an old loggin crossroad, lil higher elevation and a great place to start

Sittin there one morn prob 40 mins before gobblin time. Sittn against big Pine, slight cool breeze and thoroughly enjoying good ML.

All of the sudden in a creek bottom 300 yds South something let out a squal that really got my attention. Lil bottom ran W to E. Maybe 5 mins passd and it squalled again

Ark GF always said there were no Cougar's, Panther's, etc. But with popularity of game camera's since then, there hav been quite a few pics of Cougar's taken and AGF has changed their stance on Cougar's
I will always believe that noise I heard was a Cougar squalling. Have never heard that noise again and kinda glad of it!!

I use to live in California. Would hear what sounded like a woman screaming many nights in the Canyon. I would go out the next day and see Cougar Tracks. My bet on the noise in the Video is a Dog.

buckeyeshooter

Blackhawk
Prob been 30 yrs bak, I would walk to my favorite spot to start Turkey hunting. Bout 1/2 mi and there was an old loggin crossroad, lil higher elevation and a great place to start

Sittin there one morn prob 40 mins before gobblin time. Sittn against big Pine, slight cool breeze and thoroughly enjoying good ML.

All of the sudden in a creek bottom 300 yds South something let out a squal that really got my attention. Lil bottom ran W to E. Maybe 5 mins passd and it squalled again

Ark GF always said there were no Cougar's, Panther's, etc. But with popularity of game camera's since then, there hav been quite a few pics of Cougar's taken and AGF has changed their stance on Cougar's
I will always believe that noise I heard was a Cougar squalling. Have never heard that noise again and kinda glad of it!!
Makes me glad I turkey hunt with my SP-10 and I use #4 turkey loads. Now, where I hunt Buckshot is illegal to have in possession. I do however, have an old box of #2's which I am pretty positive would ruin a critters day.

Latest posts