3" GP100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

eddieb

Bearcat
OldNavy":30hzux9s said:
I've got a 3" stainless GP100 that I purchased used. I found the compact grip to be a little small for my large hands, so I replaced them with the full size old style factory grips. Using a Concealco IWB holster in the appendix position, I found that I can conceal it as easily as a SP101 under a loose fitting dark T-Shirt or a loose-fitting Hawaiian shirt. I later acquired a 4" GP100 with fixed sights that I now carry using the 3" holster. I shoot the 4" a little better, and being a large guy, find no difference in carry between the 3" and 4" models. If I wore the holster behind the hip, I would carry the 3" because of the shorter draw length. With the appendix carry, I don't notice the difference.

OldNavy:
If you want to sell the compact grips, please let me know.

Mine.

I HATE that billboard warning though!
(I no longer own that SP-101)

KGPF330.jpg

IMG_3959.jpg

IMG_3967.jpg

IMG_3931.jpg

lfpiii

Blackhawk
The 3 inch adjustable sight GPs were made for the US Customs Service. I got one several years ago from my dealer and when I took the grips off on the inside of the left grip insert there was a US Customs property control sticker.

FYI federal agencies put the sticker on the box for automatics today.

Luis

lfpiii

Blackhawk
I forgot to say that they made to suppliment the S&W contract for the 3 inch S&W 686 AKA CS-1

Rolan_Kraps

Bearcat
lfpiii":1ntiu3kg said:
The 3 inch adjustable sight GPs were made for the US Customs Service. I got one several years ago from my dealer and when I took the grips off on the inside of the left grip insert there was a US Customs property control sticker.

FYI federal agencies put the sticker on the box for automatics today.

Luis

Wow, I'd love to get one of those to go with this guy....

004-2.jpg

003-4.jpg

djw54

Single-Sixer
Terry T":2z4yxssj said:
Erich,
That's a SHORT LUG 3" !! - bit hard to find!
Terry T

Where's the "slap forehead" emoticon?

How did I miss that when I looked at it this afternoon? Good price, too.

Critch

Single-Sixer
I like mine just fine.....I don't have a problem with the fixed sights, adjustable would be nice...but it works great...

practice, practice, practice...