Wrangler collecting?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hour of Angle

Bearcat
My count is at 9 now. Added 3 Birdshead in Black, Silver, and Bronze. Eagerly awaiting something new in Wranglers for 2024. EDIT: Would REALLY like to see a 3.75" and/or 4.62" in 32 H&R mag..

Last edited:

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Here is a list of the wranglers I've acquired so far. I edited so serial numbers aren't shown. Just this week I put a list together of all wrangler model numbers and it looks like I may need close to 20 more to make it complete.

Attachments

• 20240418_053406.jpg
    20240418_053406.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 29

xtratoy

Buckeye
To me that looks more like a 6.5" barrel rather than the 5.5" as listed on the Talo site. This comparison picture is from Ruger. I'm still waiting for a Super Wrangler with a 7.5" barrel like on the earlier Wranglers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240418_074654_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240418_074654_Chrome.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
To me that looks more like a 6.5" barrel rather than the 5.5" as listed on the Talo site. This comparison picture is from Ruger. I'm still waiting for a Super Wrangler with a 7.5" barrel like on the earlier Wranglers.
Yeah, It obviously is a 6.5". Makes me hopeful for a 7.5" Super Wrangler in the future as well...🤞

My 7.5" Wrangler is amazingly accurate!

Hour of Angle

Bearcat
Now we are talking "collection!" :D :D

The fun begins when you start trying to find the odd, distributor model,, that has been made in limited quantities.
18 of these are the 'Basic' models. All 5 barrel lengths and all 3 colors including the Birdsheads and a TALO birdshead. I will eventually pick through the TALO and special editions but I'm not too thrilled with the 'fruity' colors and may give them a hard pass. Can't know the future, although there are surely more to come Maybe when the Mastercard comes out of intensive care:unsure:

Hour of Angle

Bearcat
I don't collect Wrangler's, and would have zero interest in the Crushed Orchid, or Black Cherry versions myself...But, from a collectible standpoint, they might end up being two of the more hard to find models on down the road?
You're probably right, Bull's Eye. My 'collection' only has to please me and I may consider the oddballs later but, for now, they're way back on that back burner right now. Thanks for the nudge...(y)

contender

Ruger Guru
I understand the "basic" colors and their appeal. But having various colors, and especially the limited distributor ones really set a true collection off.
And there are various colors to search for.
Besides the "Orchid" or "Cherry" ones,, how about OD Green, or Plum Brown, or,,,,,,,,,,!

Ok...you got me. Just ordered another Wrangler. My first is a 4.62 barrel in silver to which I added wood grips.
The one I just ordered is in OD Green with a 4.62 barrel.

Next I'll be mixing and matching colors and barrel lengths. Why not get them while they are cheap!!!
The OD Green was $165 plus tax.

I do have a list of other firearms I want more but why not buy a brand new Ruger in the mean time...for that price?

Ok...you got me. Just ordered another Wrangler. My first is a 4.62 barrel in silver to which I added wood grips.
The one I just ordered is in OD Green with a 4.62 barrel.

Next I'll be mixing and matching colors and barrel lengths. Why not get them while they are cheap!!!
The OD Green was $165 plus tax.

I do have a list of other firearms I want more but why not buy a brand new Ruger in the mean time...for that price?

Not available yet, but I saw this teaser last night. #2060...I definitely want one!
View attachment 44289

This gun is available from De Leon Pharmacy & Sporting Goods.

$263.15 delivered to my FFL.

12 more in stock after I bought mine.

Last edited:

Latest posts