Which Production Plant Does The Wrangler/Super Made

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Delbert

Bearcat
Trying to get ahold of Ruger CS for over a week, as my (used) Super Wrangler didn't come with any box or other info.

Anybody know where the Wrangler's are made? Don't mean by Ruger, but which actual plant it comes out of? All my other factory pistols/rifles have stamped city and state where it came from.

G2

Hunter
AZ

You might find this thread of interest.

Delbert

Bearcat
Thanks, G2. Been on Ruger's site more than a couple times, and all I kept seeing was the 4 plants where Ruger's could come from, but nothing mentioned that I could find, where came from, and trying to contact them by phone and constant busy signal.

Prescott, Az being a good logical area for a single action to come from. Keeping the West alive.

hittman

Staff member
Did you do the Online Support Request as suggested by Cholo in your first thread?

Delbert

Bearcat
I did do an online request, but not asking about where these were built. Figured y'all would know the answer much quicker on such a simple question.

Thanks

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
Prescott AZ. Says so right on the website...Mine is rollmarked Prescott on the gun...
Screenshot_20240318_175525.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Uhh,, with the Wrangler made in 2023,, it wouldn't be a 4-digit gun. I think you may have mis-understood the Ruger site info, or may not have the correct info about production info. When the Wrangler first came out,, the serial numbers started with a prefix of "200" and went up from there. They are in prefix number "207" currently if not already into 208.
A 4 digit Wrangler would be something like; 200-01234. And would have come out in 2019.

As for the markings.
Look on the bottom of the barrel, at the warning info & address. Right next to the edge of the ejector rod housing. My 200 series Wrangler has NewPort NH. My 2007 series has Prescott Az.
It's part of the rollmarking. Last part.

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
My Super Wrangler says Prescott, AZ on the side of the cylinder frame & just has one single line of the lawyer BS rollmarked on the bottom of the barrel...
20231007_141234.jpg

Delbert

Bearcat
Huuum. Bull's-EYE, the left side of my SW says Ruger 22CAL on first line, then under says Super Wrangler. Right side only has the model and serial#.

That's it. No lawyer - read the manual rules, or where made on pistol. Just nice and clean with no BS lawyer dribble.

Again it's a 4-digit serial #, so maybe later production date, Ruger decided to stamp where made, not knowing your serial # span. AND, mine is the black cerekote model also.

hittman

Staff member
Be nice to see a photo of a 4 digit s/n on a Super Wrangler, or a new model anything for that matter.
Even the salesman samples pictured in Ruger literature and web site show a prefix.

contender

Ruger Guru
Delbert,, my apologies. I got side-tracked on the Wrangler vs the Super Wrangler.

BUT,,, apparently, the Wrangler & the Super Wrangler share the same series of serial number prefixes. I have a Wrangler with a prefix of 207 AND a Super Wrangler with a 207 prefix. So again,, it'd be very hard to verify it as a 4 digit gun,, due to the way Ruger marks the serial numbers. And Ruger doesn't release production numbers etc. We only get some data via collectors & serious studying. And Ruger has mixed models within the same serial number range before.

Now,, as for where it was made.

Bulls-Eye has posted a picture of his Super Wrangler,, with "Prescott Az" on the side of the frame. Mine doesn't have the same markings as the picture he's posted.
BUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, look very closely under the bottom of the barrel,, next to the edge of the ejector housing. The warning roll mark is there,, and mine has "Prescott Az." on the second line. Very small printed roll marking.

See if yours has it there. And just to be sure,, maybe remove the ejector housing, and see if it's UNDER that.

As such,, by this thread,, we can see that the roll marking for the Super Wrangler has (2) variations.

If at all possible,, post pictures of your gun,, especially if it's different than Bulls-eye's and mine.

Delbert

Bearcat
Contender, I did as you said and good idea, except a fail. The only marking under the ejector housing was a serial# on barrel matching the same serial# of the gun. Barrel is match #'d to the frame.

I even went so far as to remove the cylinder to check the frame's cylinder window area, AND removed the grip panels and inspected the trigger housing/grip framework to see if anything.

NOTHING as to which Ruger plant this SA came from. This forum and Ruger's spec sheet is only thing I found for this gun.

I did check some serial #'s on Rugers site about the Wrangler and Super Wranglers. I used the prefix 209 which determines that my gun IS a Super Wrangler and "shipped" in 2023, then my actual serial of #01120 (see, 4 digit) by this number.

For the "prefix" numbers I found, I went from 201 all way up to 208 for first 3 numbers only and using my actual serial# they all seemed to come up to being a Wrangler, but when I put in the #209 prefix, it immediately came up as a Super Wrangler. The model being a 2032(I believe this is what it is) of being a black cerakote SW.

NOW, do I have maybe an early built model before company changed their stamp dies, or possibly an anolomy that slipped past the QC.

Contender, from your description of your SW and the pic that Bulls-EYE show, I guess we now have 3 variations, so far on such a new model. It's now to see where the serial#'s come into play on this.

I'd love to show some pictures, but the camera I use for posting pics online is broken, so I can't download. Been looking around for something new to use that will link and share.

Last edited:
@Delbert much of what you are saying does not compute... As stated by a couple of people, the serial number should have a prefix if truly a Wrangler (super or otherwise). Using any prefix that does not match what is actually stamped on the revolver will not be the same... Can you post some pictures of your revolver so we can offer real help, rather than supposition and guesses?

hittman

Staff member
If Wranglers and Super Wranglers use prefixes 201- to 209- the only 4 digit guns are 201-01000 to 201-09999.

Latest posts