Stripping Wrangler grip frame

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Well, until I can somehow figure out why my email isn't going through- this will have to do. I'd like to get $120 for it plus shipping. Bobby Tyler currently sells these for $169. PayPal F&F or Postal MO. If you're interested let me know and we'll figure something out.

Off a 2022 vintage New Vaquero. No flaws on frame. Factory rosewood laminate grips. Small crack at bottom of one grip panel, fixed with CA and barely visible. (Pictured)
IMG_9002.jpeg
IMG_9001.jpeg
IMG_8999.jpeg
IMG_8998.jpeg
IMG_9006.jpeg
IMG_9005.jpeg
IMG_9004.jpeg
IMG_9003.jpeg

I'll have another available from a 2013 mid frame available within a week. Same basic frame, same price. It has the black plastic checkered factory grips.

wproct

Single-Sixer
I don't have a Wrangler but I do own a blued steel Single-six. I stripped the black paint off of the grip frame with just paint remover and some metal polish to make the grip frame a high gloss finish. The grip frame now looks very nice. My only surprise when I did this was there were some minor blemishes in the metal that I did not expect to find. The original paint or powder coat was very smooth but there was some irregularities in the surface of the grip frames under the paint. I also have had no tarnishing of the aluminum since I did the re-finish. Now, what the polished metal grip frame would look like on a Wrangler I do not know.

GypsmJim

Single-Sixer
I am totally cornfused with this thread. If a Wrangler grip frame does not meet one's requirements, rather than spending megabucks to modify the gun, why not simply buy a Single Six.

And second, modifying a Heritage also seems counter intuitive.