Single Six HyViz Sights for my Super Wrangler

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Delbert

Bearcat
Just recently picked up a Super Wrangler, of which being so new, not much aftermarket accessories are available yet, and I understand the Single Six uses the same rear/front sights. I want to see the sight alignment better and wondering if someone here has/use the HyViz type.

Do you like them, or do you think they throw off the beauty of the gun and would pass?

Already have the tip of front ramp painted white, but something better is always a bonus to me when it comes to accurate shooting.

May I suggest Williams Fire sights.

IMG_20210712_154305.jpg

Best $60 upgrade for older eyes and takes minutes to install. Ruger should've stayed with Williams. They're twice what Hi-viz are.

JMHO

I bought a fiber optic front sight off ebay, forget the brand, but probably Hi Viz. The base of the sight extends past the end of the barrel a couple of hundredths. Just enough to feel your fingernail grab the lip of the base.

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
Seems to me The Wrangler has a fatter barrel. The barrel on my plain Wrangler has a fatter barrel than both my Single Sixes. Seems like that would be a problem ?

CHEVYINLINE6.

contender

Ruger Guru
I just measured a few Single-Six barrels and a few Wrangler barrels. In general,, the Wranglers do have a slightly larger diameter barrel. At the mid point of the front sight, on average a .050 difference in diameter. So there might be a slightly different radius in the sight base.
BUT,,, I doubt it's be enough to cause a serious concern unless you were building a show piece for display & judging. Field work,, they should be fine.

Latest posts