Sighting in a 181- Series Mini14

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I posted about this rifle before. Decided to play with it before making a decision as to what to do. I am adding the Accu-Strut and a different front sight. I am also going to teach myself to shoot left hand. I'm normally right hand, but am cross dominant and it's hate and discontent with iron sights.

That said I have forgotten how the two rear-sight "knobs" work. Is the one of the top for elevation and the side for windage or vice versa?

Thanks.

I'll offer a bit of advice related to the cross eye dominance subject. Rifle shooting with this impairment isn't difficult to manage. Just close your left eye or tape your shooting glass's lens on the left.
It's shotgun shooting that's more difficult to handle. When I'm using an 'assisted sighting device' shooting shotgun with a blind person, I have to 'turn off' my normal right eye dominance and use the left. I guess it's an acquired skill.
Over the years I've dealt with several versions of eye/vision problems related to shooting. Eye dominance issues. Loss of vision in the dominant eye. Loss of vision in both eyes. It's a subject I've been deeply involved with.
If you choose to go ahead with learning to shoot left handed, there's no real problem with that. Most normally functional humans can shoot under range conditions with the non-dominant hand w/o too much difficulty.

Latest posts