Semi-Auto Forum Pistol Match

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rds801

Bearcat
That is good shooting. I hope I can find time to get back out and do it the correct distance this time.

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
Got a chance to get back to the range and take a crack at this target with my P345 (OK ... but I expected to do better :oops:). I generally don't practice with any of my home defense guns past about 30 - 35'.
P345_45_may.jpg

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
ArmedinAZ":3oyrxq52 said:
For some reason I had the idea this was for group size and not for score. Was I mistaken?
I guess Mike will have to clarify his intent on this one :? . Since he selected a "score" type target (and the rules didn't specify otherwise), I just assumed that high score was the goal (you can always use group size to break any scoring ties).

Mike J

Hunter
I was thinking score actually Armed. Maybe next month someone else can do one for group size. That would be a good idea.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Here's a few targets I shot today ... not the best I've ever done. I accidentally threw out a target from my Springfield 1911 by accident that was much better than these.

REV

DSC_0414.jpg

DSC_0413.jpg

DSC_0412.jpg

revhigh

Hawkeye
Thanks guys !! It's about how I usually shoot. Right about tennis ball size groups at 50 feet. I had a real nice 45ACP target that I shot with my Springfield .... really chewed out the 10 ring, but I must have thrown it away by accident, I thought I had it, but when I got home it was gone. Oh well.

Let's see some more !!

REV

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
Nice shooting REV ... Though that middle target might be your missing Springfield target as the impact marks and tears appear to be .45acp in lieu of 9mm.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
BuckJM53":313z3rf0 said:
Nice shooting REV ... Though that middle target might be your missing Springfield target as the impact marks and tears appear to be .45acp in lieu of 9mm.

I was going to say the same thing.

I shot a couple of these targets the other day but didn't post them yet. I'm filing a protest :D , it was a very very strange range day and I'll explain that and post those two targets in a seperate post.
I'm hoping to shoot again today, I have been traveling the past few weeks and have to leave again tomorrow but I will have something before the end of the month, maybe today.

BTW, Buck that CZ RAMI target is awesome, I never can shoot a short barreled pistol worth a damn.

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
Cheesewhiz":1dy12f3d said:
BTW, Buck that CZ RAMI target is awesome, I never can shoot a short barreled pistol worth a damn.
Thanks Cheese ... The little bugger is pretty accurate even with the short sight radius, and with the extended mag ... it actually feels pretty good in the hand as well. I think next time out I'll try my Springfield Micro-compact (.45acp with a 3" barrel) with this target for comparison.

revhigh

Hawkeye
BuckJM53":omq2lzyo said:

Nah, it's 9MM too. The 45 target really didn't have any of the 10 area left.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
revhigh":2hh810yb said:
BuckJM53":2hh810yb said:

REV

Ya know guys .... now that I look more closely at it, I think you are absolutely right. The center was so mangled when I took it off the stand that I didn't realize it was the same target, but it looks like the paper in the 10 riing area got straightened out being between the other targets on the way home. Although the scores may be the same as the one CZ75B 9MM target, the group is considerably better from the 1911 .... the difference ???? THE 1911's TRIGGER ... best trigger I've ever felt. Not bad for a $500-550 bottom of the Springfield line gun, huh ??

Yup, you are absolutely right ... the center target IS from my Springfield 1911. DUH

Here's another one that I've posted before ... 5 shots at 50 feet from the same 1911. This is the usual paper I shoot, it's probably about like a cereal box in thickness. Nice neat holes. That Springfield has standard (read crappy) GI sights as well, but it shoots so perfectly to POA that I'm a little reluctant to change them.

IMG_0005-2-1.jpg

REV

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
revhigh":3nv9ijmj said:
revhigh":3nv9ijmj said:
BuckJM53":3nv9ijmj said:

REV

Ya know guys .... now that I look more closely at it, I think you are absolutely right.
REV
Glad that you cleared it up REV ... I got pretty frustrated scouring the internet all morning looking for 9mm rounds that would make an entry hole that big :shock: :D :lol:

revhigh

Hawkeye
Yup, I normally shoot different paper and the holes are much more easily discernable than the printer paper holes !! LOL.

That's primarily what confused me.

Good eyes Buck !!

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
BuckJM53":1l4tuv3c said:
The little bugger is pretty accurate even with the short sight radius

Well, it IS a CZ. Short barrel and all .... the only CZ I've ever seen shoot badly (and I MEAN REALLY BADLY) was that 40B I owned.

REV

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Well, this is what I shot today, not my best shooting ever. For some reason I had some trouble with this target but what the heck.
I don't shoot much better slow than fast, I guess it's a timing thing by now.

8 rounds shot at 45', CZ75B about one second between shots.

bf6cc573.jpg

8 rounds shot at 45', CZ SP-01, very fast, about 3 seconds total.

094c2257.jpg

Two silhouettes shot at 50' with the same SP-01, the one one the left was 20 rounds shot with four 5 round mags, 18 seconds total including mag changes.
the one on the right was two 5 round mags shot in just under 9 seconds.

746522e4.jpg

Latest posts