Safe revolver shipping question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FLgun

Single-Sixer
Anyone happen to know if a 4 inch revolver (Colt Python and or Ruger Security Six) will fit in an apache hard shell case- case 2800 perhaps? or 3800 is smallest apache capable of sitting 4 inch revolver? (individually not together) and if that case will fit in a USPS flat rate box from experience? Also is it safe to ship a revolver barrel down inside the foam case, or best if laid sideways or doesn't matter since it's encased in foam?

Anyone happen to know if a 4 inch revolver (Colt Python and or Ruger Security Six) will fit in an apache hard shell case- case 2800 perhaps? or 3800 is smallest apache capable of sitting 4 inch revolver? (individually not together) and if that case will fit in a USPS flat rate box from experience? Also is it safe to ship a revolver barrel down inside the foam case, or best if laid sideways or doesn't matter since it's encased in foam?
no idea but unless you are a dealer shipping to a dealer, unless you want to go to jail, no handguns USPS

FLgun

Single-Sixer
no idea but unless you are a dealer shipping to a dealer, unless you want to go to jail, no handguns USPS
I know only an 01 FFL can ship USPS. Was just wondering if said FFL ships through USPS, would want the best price yet most protection hence apache case in flat rate box if possible

I know only an 01 FFL can ship USPS. Was just wondering if said FFL ships through USPS, would want the best price yet most protection hence apache case in flat rate box if possible
I've shipped hundreds of handguns USPS. When they did not use the factory box I made sure it was well bubbled wrapped . There are both wide and skinny flat fate. I've shipped all mine in the wide /deep box with no issues . Just be sure there is limited chance of inside movement

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
I've shipped hundreds of handguns USPS. When they did not use the factory box I made sure it was well bubbled wrapped . There are both wide and skinny flat fate. I've shipped all mine in the wide /deep box with no issues . Just be sure there is limited chance of inside movement
On some collectible guns with expensive cardboard you would be wise to ship and insure the gun and the box separately... ;)
JMHO
Terry

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
I was checking out the Harbor freight case in their website. Looks good 👍. A pressure release valve ,assuming that knob in front is it . Why the need for it ?

You really don't need to ship in a hard case inside a USPS Flat Rate box. A 4"or 6" handgun will fit in either of the Medium Flat Rate Priority Mail boxes. If the shipper packs it correctly it will show up unscathed. Bigger than 6", then go with the Large Flat Rate Priority Mail box(es). I've been shipping this way for over 20 years and never had a handgun missing or stolen and never any damage.

Now if you're shipping a gun that came in a case or box, put the gun in the case or box and make sure the gun will not move around inside it. Then pack it with lots of bubble wrap. And as said, a collectible box needs to be shipped by itself and insured for the correct amount.

hittman

Staff member
Padded zipper cases work well if you're shipping gun alone, no box, etc.
Zip it in the case, wrap with bubbles, jam it in the box.