RUGER VS FREEDOM ARMS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sc1911cwp

Single-Sixer
That's fine, It makes sense to me. I gotta live with the cost and loss. I can't afford a "master". Gotta love Mr. Bowens work though. However " a man has to know his limits" and mine is money. Wouldn't have it any other way.
Jeg Leg Smith. Lots of them around. Doctors, lawyers, mechanics. Check out the outcomes before laying out that hard earned cash.

CraigC

Hawkeye
I have yet to see someone lose a bunch of money on a custom five-shot Ruger built by a big name `smith. I see a lot of them go for close to replacement cost. As far as not being able to afford a "master", for a five-shot custom Ruger, they're all pretty much the same. Figure on at least $2000 for the conversion no matter who does it. If it's not built by "one of those guys", you don't want it.

Spencer

Single-Sixer
I bought a FA Field grade model 83 in .454, 7.5" ported. Got a great deal on it. I bought it because I always heard great things about FA and wanted to see for myself. Sent it back to FA to have the barrel shortened. the cut was just behind the ports. I ended up with about a 5.5" barrel. Shot fantastically. I am a bit recoil sensitive so I go with the downloaded to .45 colt levels reloading so I can enjoy shooting/hunting with it.
I stupidly sold the gun to fund another custom project. Immediately told the buyer that I would like first rights of refusal if he were ever to sell it again. Lo and behold, one year later he sold it back to me for the exact same price I sold it to him for. Very upstanding individual.
I am very fond of custom 3 screw Rugers. Like has been said blued steel, wood grips.....

But I will never sell the FA again.

Probably wont buy another though.

Congrats on your purchase, I think you are really going to enjoy it. Keep us posted as to your progress.

Spencer

Single-Sixer
This is what was returned. I will gladly send the cut stub to the member that wants to add length to his barrels! :)
home_019.jpg

Hammerdown77

Blackhawk
Spencer said:
This is what was returned. I will gladly send the cut stub to the member that wants to add length to his barrels! :)
home_019.jpg

Now see, if you were smart, you would have asked 'em to do a threaded setup such that you could add the extra 2" with the ports back on for shooting the heavy stuff.

Oh well, that's still a nice sixgun :D

Spencer

Single-Sixer
You know!!! I never thought of that, what a great idea!!!! :shock:

Sometimes I wish I did not have it cut down, then I could have had the best of both worlds :D

Latest posts