Ruger P93DC recoil spring wanted

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mcseal2

Bearcat
I purchased a well used Ruger P93DC that I would like to get a new recoil spring (inner and outer) for. I've been having a little trouble with it jamming taking the first round off the top of the magazine when I hit the slide release, and occasionally when shooting. I found that if I really locked my wrist and shoulder to make sure I didn't "limpwrist" the pistol it fed fine while shooting. My normal shooting stance hasn't caused any issues with the P95's in the past. The P93 still seems sluggish closing the action compared to the P95's I've owned so I figure new springs won't hurt. Anyone know where I can find these springs online? The sources I checked don't specifically list the P93 on the list of P series the springs fit.

Also is there anything else I should try, or that I am missing on this issue? I field-stripped the pistol and cleaned it well, checked the feed ramp for burrs or knicks, and oiled it lightly before reassembly.

I originally intended this gun to be a beater but it has proven to be more accurate than any of the P95's I've owned or any other 9mm auto for that matter. After seeing how well it's capable of shooting different ammo to the same POI I'm going to put Meprolight tritnium sights on it, replace what springs need it, and keep it in the vehicle Gun Locker I have in my truck as a backup to my compact CC pistol. At least if I can get it to feed real reliably that is the plan.

Thanks for any help you can give

roylt

Hunter
Call Ruger first to see if they have it. P93 have two type of guide rod though so you need that info. I have never seen a guide rod spring wear out but I don't shoot much at all.

Have you taken the guide rod apart and cleaned the springs etc and put it back together?

I think numrich had them but maybe not that gun is getting old.

Post pictures, I love the P-guns.

Also welcome.

mcseal2

Bearcat
Thanks for the reply and welcome. I'll call Ruger tomorrow. I didn't take the guide rod apart but did spray it down with gunscrubber and then clean and oil it from the outside. I'll see if I can get pics up.

Powmia

Bearcat
Here is a Pic. of my P93DC. I love this gun, fun to shoot, and has NEVER misfired.
p93dc_zpsbdfa41d5.jpg

mrmike7189

Single-Sixer
I have 3 ideas
1.Try Brownells.com
2. Try Midwayusa.com
3. try Wolff springs....they make aftermarket springs for everything!

Latest posts