13 pound Recoil Spring -

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ImDrRich

Bearcat
Advertised to reduce recoil and muzzle flip, of which there is very little from my LCP Max (IMHO), I purchased a 13 pound spring. I substituted the factory 9 pound spring for the 13 pound spring, leaving the inner recoil spring on. Trigger pull was, as expected, worse, but there was no difference in recoil or muzzle flip. I used 5 different kinds of ammo, too. I also experienced that finger pinch on the end of my index finger. Never with the factory springs.

I'm wondering: Does anyone know if, before installing the 13 pound outer spring, should the inner recoil spring be removed?

Thanks to all who respond -

Rich

ImDrRich

Bearcat
I have no pictures but I will try to explain.

Picture the two springs of the LCP Max on the guide rod. Now, the outer spring from the factory is 9 pounds, while the extra power outer spring is 13 pounds. My question was, when using the 13 pound spring, do you remove the inner (smaller) spring too?

NikA

Buckeye
All products I see listed for this application specifically say they replace the OUTER spring, so I'd say no, this spring does not convert the double spring setup to a single spring. I do see some kits that contain both extra power outer and inner springs.

Latest posts