New Ruger .22 Revolver Introduced

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CraigC

Hawkeye
I can't agree. I have over 30,000rds through a cherished Old Model Single Six and would hate to know I 'had' to do the same with a Rough Rider. They are clearly two or three steps below.

57springer

Buckeye
The heritage is really bashed here , but I have one I bought new 20 plus years ago for $89 dollars and have had no problems . I use it as a Truck, fishing, fence checking etc Gun. While I do have a few ruger single sixes ,I am a little fussy with them. I don't think the Heritage is getting a fair shake ! I know our local Dunhams sells a lot of Heritage Revolvers, and I am glad to see the Wrangler at the same price :wink:

woodsy

Blackhawk
Gonna be a winner. A perfect handgun to introduce a pre-teen to firearms, and will most likely outlast anything price-competitive. On another forum was a quote for $189 at some large sports store. And Ruger will certainly build it well enough to outlast the attention span of most young people nowadays. If I didn't just get a Single-Ten I might also be interested. (The Single-Ten is WAY overbuilt on a Blackhawk frame and should literally last forever.) Take a look at the video with the woman demonstrating the gun (Wrangler). Concerning the aluminum frame: don't need much strength to withstand .22LR.

The Ruger Single-Ten is NOT built on a Blackhawk frame, it's a Single-Six that they managed to get four more chambers into. They are certainly a neat little gun, though.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2011/9/27/ruger-single-ten-revolver-review/

:wink:

ndcowboy

Blackhawk
ranger1 said:
From Ruger's website:

"The Wrangler™ is not available for sale in Minnesota and Massachusetts."

I wonder why not in Minnesota? First I've heard of them having laws that would prevent a single action from being sold there.

louiethelump

Buckeye
I am excited by the new gun. Have wished for many years for a lighter single six.

I am concerned that the Wrangler with aluminum frame and cylinder (read the spec sheet for what it says pls) is only two ounces lighter than a blued single ten.

Is it possible this is a Zirmak or whatever they call pot Metal today gun?

Since that pot metal stuff is heavier than aluminum but contains aluminum, is it not technically an "aluminum alloy"?

Is this new gun actually made by Ruger, or in Germany?

I bought a Beretta 92 in .22 LR this week and it weighs almost as much as the steel and aluminum 9mm. It says Beretta on it with a Maryland address, but in fine print says made in Germany by the air gun company Umarex.

I want a light weight single six. Two ounces lighter is not all that light.

louiethelump said:
I am excited by the new gun. Have wished for many years for a lighter single six.

I am concerned that the Wrangler with aluminum frame and cylinder (read the spec sheet for what it says pls) is only two ounces lighter than a blued single ten.

Is it possible this is a Zirmak or whatever they call pot Metal today gun?

Since that pot metal stuff is heavier than aluminum but contains aluminum, is it not technically an "aluminum alloy"?

Is this new gun actually made by Ruger, or in Germany?

They are proudly made in Newport, NH, USA...

Rclark

Hunter
I just don't like that finish. My guess it shoots well, as does my Rough Rider, and Single Sixs. Might have to have the barrel turned and sights filed to get it 'right on' as most any fixed sighted revolver usually needs. If Ruger would make blued, then different ball-game (and longer barrel length of course). I suspect this finish is easier to put on and easier to cover any minor flaws... I suspect it has the same lock work as any Single Action Ruger, so longevity wouldn't be a problem.

1ruger

Single-Sixer
I have a Heritage revolver in 22lr that I use to dispatch trapped hogs at the farm. I believe I paid $160 for it about 7 years ago...and sold the 22magum cylinder for $40. It's not pretty and it's not fancy but it serves it's purpose very efficiently. I've fired a lot of CCI Minimag solid though that revolver for fun and work. It's just a tool and it works. I hope Ruger Wrangler work as well or better.

NH Rugerman said:

I don't see anywhere that the cylinder itself is aluminum, just the cylinder frame. Can you please direct us to the spec to which you refer?

Thanks.
:mrgreen:

EDITED TO NOTE: Sorry NHR, that's actually Louie's quote. :oops:

smith1961

Blackhawk
I'll be getting a Bearcat or Single Six soon.........
As I live in Taxachusetts, I can't even buy a Heritage or Wrangler anyway LOL!!!!!!!!
:lol:

BTW, How long till Lipsey's or Talo make pink or purple ones with snakeskin grips?

Latest posts