Gotta love Ruger 22 pistols

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OK, please take this in context of bragging on the gun and not the shooter.
After my old 22/45 took a couple of dives off the Ranger seat onto the floor, I decided maybe I should check zero on the 3MOA dot optic. At the same time, I chose to change ammo from Remington CBee's which don't feed well at all to Aguila sub-sonic HP that doesn't auto cycle but feeds well when hand cycled (an advantage when used on the trapline). Shooting from sandbags @ 25 yards the first 2 shots made touching holes. After several back and forth adjustments, zero was confirmed dead center @ 25 yards. I had 5 rounds remaining and decided to play a bit. Required 2 shots to get the drop @100 yards and the following 3 shots rang the 8" gong.
Put into perspective, this old pistol has not been cleaned in months (maybe years). It gets the worst possible treatment and care but always does it's job as seen this morning. No fancy upgrades or work--just a beat up looking representative sample of a 30(?) year old Ruger. ;)

Not that difficult with good equipment. My 22/45 III with a VQ upgrade is even more accurate(or more 'shootable' depending on perspective). :)
On the other hand, it's not too bad for 72 years old.

Latest posts