New Ruger .22 Revolver Introduced

Help Support Ruger Forum:

My two cents worth of thought! I like the Wrangler & it is well built & has a Life Time Warrantee like all Rugers.
Ruger is putting out a fine & different product than the normal customer is not used to seeing but they can now compete with the "Rough Rider" price range of firearms with a quality product. Somewhat like when in 1949 Sturm Ruger came out with the $37 dollar 22 pistol then the Single-Six in 1953 for a more the competitive price.
The only down side I have noticed is that it has almost stopped (or slowed down big time) the Single-Six market either Old Models or New Models.
The Wranglers are a hot item were I live.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
contender said:
I look at the colors & think of the original Lightweights,, which have become collectable in general. There are the Tri-Colored ones, as well as the blued ones. ALL are sought after by those of us who collect.
The Wranglers,, are as noted,, a beginners gun,, albeit a quality built beginners gun,, AT AN AFFORDABLE price for many who are not (yet) serious gun folks. AND they also are a fun plinker for those of us who want a gun we don't have to worry about banging around. Are they a serious hunting gun? No. Are they the best choice for SD? No. Are they good for introducing children to shooting? Yes. Are they good for getting folks a gun on a limited budget? Yes. Are they good for getting folks to enjoy a SA design? Yes.

I agree that many folks may not find them to their liking. But I also look beyond my own preferences,, and see the potential for many other people.

And hey,, if it gets someone interested in SA guns,, where they craze has been semi-auto, black & plastic,, then it's a GOOD thing!

Very well said! I am glad ruger makes the wrangler. If I was an entry level buyer I'd be very happy not to be stuck choosing between the Heritage, Chiappa, etc!

Rclark

Hunter
...and only merely glanced at it without any further examination.
Bob, you should have picked it up and checked it out :) . I did that the first time I saw one of these revolvers and then said 'no thanks'. I was thinking of 'maybe' picking one up at the time, but ... no... Stick with my Single Six(s) for .22 revolver Shooting.

Stopped by my local FFL today just to wish them Merry Christmas. While there I asked an 'out the door' for the Wrangler. $230.00 is the best around my area; of course the State gets a cut out of that price.

57springer

Buckeye
Fox Mike said:
Stopped by my local FFL today just to wish them Merry Christmas. While there I asked an 'out the door' for the Wrangler. $230.00 is the best around my area; of course the State gets a cut out of that price.
That is almost MSRP :shock: ....... Kentucky Gun Co. has them for $172, posted on gundeals.com :wink:

57springer said:
Fox Mike said:
That is almost MSRP :shock: ....... Kentucky Gun Co. has them for $172, posted on gundeals.com :wink:
And if I got it for that price from them I would have to pay shipping and still pay the State their $10.00 so the price would be about the same. There are NO true 'gun stores' near me. The closest is probably a 30 minute drive from my home.

louiethelump

Buckeye
". There are NO true 'gun stores' near me. The closest is probably a 30 minute drive from my home."

LOL!!
You must be a real City Dweller! It is a 30 minute drive from my house to the closest grocery store or gas station. The closest gun store with inventory is 50 miles or so.

I am always amazed at how different we all are in this country and how different the rules and costs are pertaining to guns. This forum is good for making that point as I read comments from others.

257heaven

Single-Sixer
Took advantage of the KY Gun deal. $350 shipped for 2 with insurance. I really like them. Did the poor man's trigger job and unhooked one side of the Trigger spring. Mainspring does take some getting used to. Can't wait to shoot them.

49301992473_64b065d35a_z.jpg

57springer

Buckeye
Gator89 said:
Found green Wranglers in stock at Gerbrand Defense. $189.99 + $10 shipping, no extra CC fee. Not a steal of a deal, but not too bad if you are imeatier like me.
Thanks for the info :) !!

Latest posts