New ammo coming from Hornady.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rangerbob

Buckeye
As I alluded to in another post, Hornady is really getting into the ammo business. For 2019, they are adding the 26,28,30,&338 Nosler calibers as well as more loads for the 270,7mm and 300 WSM's and 348 Winchester. I seldom buy factory ammo, but I know most shooters do. Bob!! :mrgreen:

firecaptain

Single-Sixer
With the re-introduction of 348 ammunition, maybe Winchester will re-introduce the 71 or Ruger will bring out a 1S...

grobin

Blackhawk
Hornad y has already released 6.5 PRC. Don't expect anything new there.

rangerbob

Buckeye
The 6.5 PRC was announced about this time in 2017. Ammo, brass, data ,and dies are readily available. You may have to look for rifle though or build one from scratch. The current issue of American Rifleman has an excellent article(and the first one I have seen) on the 6.5 PRC. My original listing only scratched the surface of what is available in ammo from Hornady. I've used Hornady products for the last 51 years(as long as I have been reloading) and have never been disappointed. Bob!! 8)

huntsman22

Blackhawk
But then I built a creedmoor from scratch, too.....

even though I already have 3 rugers in the creed. A first gen RPR, a Hawkeye predator and an American Predator. Both Pred's are in LSS chassis'.....

Single-Sixer
firecaptain said:
With the re-introduction of 348 ammunition, maybe Winchester will re-introduce the 71 or Ruger will bring out a 1S...

If we keep talking up the .348 1S.........

firecaptain

Single-Sixer
021 said:
firecaptain said:

If we keep talking up the .348 1S.........

I'd be all over a 1S in 348. How cool would that be? Maybe Ruger will be the second manufacturer to chamber the 348.

Donnieweps

Single-Sixer
huntsman22 said:
rangerbob said:
The 6.5 PRC was announced about this time in 2017. Ammo, brass, data ,and dies are readily available. You may have to look for rifle though or build one from scratch.

I built from scratch.....

Some would call a 6.5PRC overkill on a yodel dog but I never use that word. Dead is dead, I once shot a young woodchuck with 150gr slug from a 7mm Rem Mag. Was the only centerfire gun I had as I was still on college. Thought I'd missed but found some pieces of meat on the nearby barbed wire fencing. Just exploded it.

Very nice looking rig. Don

Edited to add: Should have looked further on your posting, plenty of highly dismembered varmints and several more nice looking/performing rigs. Good on you.