Moving into 44 Mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Prescut

Single-Sixer
It's a 120 degrees in Phoenix and I assume Buckeye as well. Where in the hell, and I do mean Hell, do you shoot?

Maybe it's when?
Butt crack of dawn would be my guess.

Prescut
PS Nice to see the evolution and luving your multiple posts to keep us up on status. Please keep going. It's nice to see you taking some of the advice and seeing how appropo it was.

Prescut said:
It's a 120 degrees in Phoenix and I assume Buckeye as well. Where in the hell, and I do mean Hell, do you shoot?

Maybe it's when?

Prescut
PS Nice to see the evolution and luving your multiple posts to keep us up on status. Please keep going. It's nice to see you taking some of the advice and seeing how appropo it was.

Well, the temps have cut into my shooting. I am spending time reloading inside enjoying the AC. The last hour of sunlight each day does offer a window for a short shooting trip. My location allows for a 15 minute drive and I am shooting. I shot last weekend at a local range in the morning hours with shaded shooting benches.

Been loading 10MM and finish that a few days ago. Moved on to some primed and ready 9MM brass and I got bout 600 rounds loaded.

Next, I will start in on a big pile of 44 brass. Love the hot temps. Stay inside and load.

Bill

Ka6otm

Blackhawk
Prescut said:

Maybe it's when?

Prescut

I shot Sporting Clays Tuesday morning and I'm off to shoot handgun in an Air conditioned range in a couple of hours.

You make do.

altajava

Bearcat
Been loading 10MM and finish that a few days ago. Moved on to some primed and ready 9MM brass and I got bout 600 rounds loaded.

Next, I will start in on a big pile of 44 brass. Love the hot temps. Stay inside and load.

Bill[/quote]

What are your 10mm loads and what are you shooting them with? I've got two Delta Elites but picked up an RIA 10mm to throw some hot loads with. I've also picked up some 200 grain XTPs for the 10, saving the 180s for the .40 for now

altajava,

I have a mix of new and used brass that I have been working with.

I have been loading Hornady XTP 180 grain on top of either HS-6 or Power Pistol.

With the new brass, (Starline & Sig Elite Performance) I have been using the Power Pistol at published max loads. (Per Hornady 10th Edition manual).

With the HS-6 I have been using the used brass and loading them middle of the range for practice and plinking.

Shoot mine in Glock G40MOS and G20. I have been considering a Ruger SR1911 in 10MM but I have to relax for a while and shoot what I have.

Bill