Looking for a soft load.44mag with what I have to work with.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

George

Blackhawk
Chuck 100 yd,Jimbo357mag, I'll have to try this when I get some more cases as I loaded the 100 I had.. I will remember to drill the flash hole. Could be fun! The wife will think I'm nuts when I shoot a earplug into the wood pile.. LOL!! this will be good! I'll be in the dog house for this one for sure.. George

NikA

Buckeye
Speer also makes plastic bullets for .44 training. Cases are red plastic, come properly drilled. Just load with a primer and snap in the "bullet". They're a bit on the expensive side if you buy them new but I managed to find ~400 of them NOS for around 20 dollars.

Biggfoot44

Blackhawk
Yes , Grains and Grams are two different things.

If your goal is still sort of equivalence with .45acp, try Unique 8.2-8.5gr.

9.2gr used to be a favorite fun load, but I eas looking for the next step up from a .45acp .

George

Blackhawk
Well right now I'm working up the load a little bit I went with number 7 Accurate Powder + 15.1 Grains Behind the same Elmer Keith bullet.I'm thinking that's about where I want to be with the 44 mag right now. With the loads Il shot I had no issues at all with Recoil I felt it was light.George

Castboolits had a thread about using glue to make bullets.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?14522-Casting-hot-glue-boolits/page2&highlight=30-30%20glue
Good luck
gramps