44Mag 250gr Cast Keith Style Load

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Can anyone refer me to load book data using a cast 250gr for the 44Mag? I'd prefer data for fast-to-moderate rate burning powders like Titegroup, 231, or Accurate No.5. I already have data using the slow-burners. I have a lot of load books already, but bought some cast 250gr bullets without realizing I have very little data for it this weight, and I'd prefer not to interpolate between weights if I don't have to. Thanks.

contender

Ruger Guru
When presented with a bullet weight that isn't in one of my manuals,, I usually find the one the closest to what I have,, then start at 10% below the starting loads & work up a bit. I'd have to look in my manuals,, but I'm pretty sure that the Lyman book may well have what you seek, as noted above.

AZ10X

Bearcat
Elmer's .44 Mag load was: 250gr .432 SWC of his own design with BHN 21 behind 21gr Alliant 2400. 21gr is too hot by todays standards due to changes in the powder. I've shot 19gr in a S&W 29 no dash with good results. Just be sure that you measure your cylinder throat to insure you have the correct bullet diameter.

Latest posts