How many Taurus Revolvers do you own?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Dave. I have several Colts. Several Pythons, a few diamond backs and couple cobras and a few 1911s. Also a few Smith and Wessons. A few model 29s and a model 59, 459. Also 2 amt 44 automags passadena models. High standard 44 mag crusader. I am sure a couple other non Rugers but yes the majority of my collection is Rugers about 800+ Ruger hand guns.

RPM Enterprises said:
Dave. I have several Colts. Several Pythons, a few diamond backs and couple cobras and a few 1911s. Also a few Smith and Wessons. A few model 29s and a model 59, 459. Also 2 amt 44 automags passadena models. High standard 44 mag crusader. I am sure a couple other non Rugers but yes the majority of my collection is Rugers about 800+ Ruger hand guns.

Geez Rick, you ONLY have 800? I thought for sure it was over a 1000! :D You do have a magnificent collection! :shock:

Take care! Dave :wink:

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Dave that's just a close questiment. And close to 300 long guns, not just Ruger. Today I received 3 Mark IVs. The 4",6" and steel grip tactical. Back in August Winchester sent Peg and I a couple rifles. XPR? Mine is a 300 win mag I put a Nikon 4x16 bdc and Peg got a compact muddy girl camo in 6.5 Creedmore I put a 5x20 Nikon bdc on that. She wants to try that long distance shooting.

hittman

Staff member
Today I have no Taurus.

In the past I've had a number of 38 Special snubs. Never had a problem with any of them. But, they all seem to have made good trade fodder or got sold to fund a Ruger.

I did have a snub nosed Taurus in 17 cal (HMR?) ..... total piece of junk in every way. Yeah, you could shoot 2 or 3 rounds through it before the cylinder would bind up but you played hell getting spent cases out of the cylinder. :evil:

Terry T

Buckeye
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m246/terry_tawney/PC030725_zpsqr7lpd4s.jpg

.45 acp and titanium .45 LC
Terry T

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Just bought a (1990s) nine-shot Taurus DA/SA revolver yesterday, a 4" revolver with fine-quality bluing, adjustable sights, and a smooth DA trigger, not to mention the SA pull is crisp and rivals any Ruger DA I own. It will fit my S&W 63 holsters perfectly. I look forward to it as a lower-risk trail 22.

Don't overlook great guns for real-world uses.
That said, I avoid anything Rossi due to experience, not hearsay.

MR_22

Bearcat
RSIno1 said:
I own all I'll ever need - zero. A friend had one many years ago and had problems with it so it's never been on my must have list.

I bought a Ruger Vaquero in .45ACP and I can't get the .45 shells to insert into 3 of the chambers. The chambers are too small. If I do happen to get the shell in far enough to fire, they jam the cylinder after firing and I have a terrible beast of a time getting them out.

I suppose I should never ever buy another Ruger, because they are JUNK, huh?

I own 11 Taurus revolvers and I love them all. I must admit that I don't like the new .22 revolvers. Horrendous trigger pull. I no longer have any .22, but the revolvers, on the whole, are great guns. Every manufacturer has problems. It's unfair to badmouth a particular gun manufacture because you've heard from somebody that they suck--and even worse if you haven't had personal experience with them yourself. Guns and ammo choices are like a religion and you can't rely upon others for what's best for you.

(Not to be rude--just pointing out the fallacy in your argument against Tauruses.)

I've never had or even shot a Taurus. That will all change when I get home this Wednesday. I bought a Taurus Tracker 44. It is the 4" stainless model and is an NRA model. Was looking for an inexpensive lighter weight gun to shoot 44 special specs but out of 44 mag brass.

Hopefully it wont disappoint, and my 11 Ruger handguns will accept it into the family.

MR_22

Bearcat
Rumrunner said:
I've never had or even shot a Taurus. That will all change when I get home this Wednesday. I bought a Taurus Tracker 44. It is the 4" stainless model and is an NRA model. Was looking for an inexpensive lighter weight gun to shoot 44 special specs but out of 44 mag brass.

Hopefully it wont disappoint, and my 11 Ruger handguns will accept it into the family.

That should be a very nice revolver. I have the same gun, but in .41-Magnum and with a 3-inch barrel. I'm sure your Rugers will like it just fine. :)

Picked up the Tracker 44 when I got home yesterday, and shot it today after I went hunting. It is an NRA edition, and pretty sure it was unfired. It shot very well. Double action is a little heavy but smooth, and single action is nice. The front sight has a red insert that looks like the old Millet front sight. It shows up very well. So far I really like it.

Latest posts